Chapter 13

Time skips past one week

Now here's a twist

Merula PoV

I have always wondered why he chose to become an Animagus, and how I could be one with him. So I confronted him about this.

"Hey, Moon, I always wondered. How did you become an animagus?"
Moon: "Well it's not that easy, but I will explain to you the process, are ya asking this to join me and my family in being able to become an animal?"
"Well, ...yes"

So he explained the whole situation and process of being an animagus so for a solid month I had to hold a mandrake leaf in my mouth. Just great, it was the full moon when we would begin. Then a couple of friends came over to see us, this was a problem, so I had to hide the leaf under my tongue.

Friend 1: "Hey Merula, want to hang out later?'
"No thank you, maybe next time."
Friend 2: "Alright, see ya."

This was a major setback but we managed to get past the month. Now it was the full moon, clear sky, and stars out for us to see, and we went on with the ritual. This turned out to be a central turning point in our relationship. Then I said the incantation and closed my eyes, when I opened them I saw a big bush of a tail, fur, and paws. I then see Moon about to snicker.

Okay, what's so funny?

Moon PoV

Well, good news it worked, just not in the way we expected. I started to snicker as I started at what I can assume to be my Foxy girlfriend. I looked down and started rolling on the ground laughing.

"Well, it worked, just not the way we foresaw."

I squatted to pat her now fluffy tail. I then see fox merula walk away. I walked to find her, until see her in the Grand Hall looking depressed.

"Merula, what's wrong?"Merula: "I didn't turn into a bird, like your other kin, and you laughed at me

Merula: "I didn't turn into a bird, like your other kin, and you laughed at me."
"Merula, I wasn't laughing at you, I was laughing at a memory in my family."
Merula: "Wait, what is this memory?"

FlashBack spell (like old times)

It was my tenth birthday when my uncle decided to pull a great-uncle trick and decided to go animal. He turned into a fox and proceeded to jokingly harass the women at the party. And every time food was put in front of him he would dive into it like it was a pool. That was a funny birthday, but that was also the day my great-uncle got arrested for loitering, but it became a joke amongst the family. A family of Animagus people.

End of Flashback spell(that was short)

Merula: "So you associated a fox with your tenth birthday? How does that work?
"Well, it was my tenth birthday, and it was a different time then."

And as fast as they came, Rowan and Ben surprised me from behind.

Rowan and Ben: "Hey man, want to go on a guy's night?"
"Goddamit mate, don't scare me like that, also no."
Rowan and Ben: "Alright suit yourself."

So we walked to the room, only to bluntly catch sight of all of our friends just there. They said that we were going to have a slumber party. And they had to choose our room. I was having trouble understanding why they chose a sleepover but complied with it. Never been to one. So we join and the nights went as planned loads of fun and laughing until we got to what I like to call, the most unholy game ever made, truth or dare. It was Ben's pick. And he chose me.

Ben: "Moon, Truth or dare?
"Truth."
Ben: "What three things do you fear the most?"
"Magpies, Thunder, and Weasels."
Rowan: "And without hesitation."
Merula: "I understand the weasels and thunder, but why magpies?"
"As if on cue during the swooping season these feathered dive bombers swoop you and whoever they see around their nest. This homicidal kamikaze bird has been the stuff of nightmares for me come around May."

We continue to play the game, but then one of Merula's friends gave me and merula a double dare.

Friend 1: "I dare you both to transfigure yourselves into another physical form."

I looked at merula and have this 'let's do it" look, she nodded as we held hands and jumped into the air, as we landed we turned into our animal forms. I flew to the perch in the room as Fox Merula jumped onto the windowsill with grace, until we had to change back. They were shocked by what they just witnessed they started bombarding us with questions, so we answered them. It was now midnight and waves them off to their dorms. We were already in our pajamas so we hopped into bed, but instead of our full human forms, we went half and half. I had wings and tail feathers out, and Merula had A fox tail and fox ears. We hopped into bed and I hugged her fluffy tail. My wings covered us both as we slept in that position.

Goodnight my little fox