5. Vow To Kill

As Krysten was immersed in her thoughts, her phone rang. She immediately looked at the phone. It was a call from Kevin. She picked up the call, "hello."

"Kris, where the fuck are you?" Kevin snapped as soon as she picked up the call. "Kev, calm down. Tell me what happened?" She replied.

"Yeah yeah, I will tell you but first tell me where the hell are you, Krysten?" He asked in a loud tone. "I am in my second apartment," she replied as she looked around for her clothes. "Second apartment?" Kevin was shocked, "what? Why?"

"I just had a one night stand," she bit her tongue as she replied. "A one night stand? With whom?" He seemed furious. "I will answer to all your questions Kev, but first tell me, why have you called?" She rolled her eyes as she picked up her lingerie.

"Boss is searching for you Kris," Kevin informed. "Oh, okay, I will be there in a few minutes," she replied. "Okay," he spoke and hung up the call.

As she kept her phone aside, she stood up and walked towards the mirror just to look at her naked bare body. She couldn't find out why, but she was smiling as she saw herself. The feeling she had with Aaron last night was something she had never felt before. It was so different that it made her blush. She touched her skin just to feel the traces of Aaron that's when she remembered one thing.

'Aaron is his next victim, the one she would have to assassinate next.'

"Oh fuck!" She snapped the moment she realised it, "I was daydreaming about Aaron and last night when he is my target. What the fuck am I doing?" She scolded herself.

She immediately wore her clothes, did her makeup and then walked out of the apartment.

On the other hand, Aaron was sitting idly on his table as he thought about last night with Krysten. He was just concerned about one thing. "Why couldn't I feed on her, I could feel her warm blood gushing through her veins then why wasn't I lured by it," he kept on thinking about it.

As he thought, the flashes of Krysten, fighting with the guys, then smiling and then kissing him from out of nowhere, their hot sex last night, all of it appeared in front of him. He found himself smiling as he thought about it all, but he was somewhat confused as well.

His trail of thoughts was interrupted when Felix slammed a huge file in front of him. He was shocked after seeing the file and then he looked at him. "What's this?" He asked. "The list of suspects for the case," Felix replied.

"Oh," he spoke and then started to have a look at the file. Felix noticed Aaron and he somehow understood that he isn't his usual self at the moment. He tapped on his shoulders, "Hey Aaron."

Aaron was startled for a second and then he immediately looked at Felix. "What?" He asked. "What happened to you? I am not seeing you as your usual self," Felix asked him, with concern in his voice. "It's nothing," he tried to shrug it off but was stopped by glares by Felix.

Aaron rolled his eyes, "fine, yesterday I met a girl and we had some great sex," he replied. "Okay?" Felix gave a confusing glare to him.

"But then, I felt something different. I felt attracted to her in a way, that I have never been attracted to before. I didn't felt the desire to quench my thirst or lust. The sex we had, it's something I have never had in the past three centuries of my existence. In fact, I didn't even felt to feed on her, fuck, I tried but I couldn't feed on her man. What the shit is that?" Aaron spoke out everything he had in his head.

Felix listened to him carefully and then he looked at the frustrating face of Aaron. "Maybe she is the one," he spoke. "What?" Aaron was shocked as he heard his reply. He glared at him. "What rubbish are you saying F?" He snapped.