20. The End

As soon as Usman heard Aaron's cry, he immediately turned towards Krysten just to witness her bleed badly.

"NOOO," he cried out. At that moment, Aaron pushed Usman and immediately rushed towards Krysten, holding her in his arms.

"You can feed her your blood at this moment. She will die but will die with vampire blood in her system, so she will be in transition. She will then wake up to be a vampire and then you both can live happily ever after. I have no intention of separating two people who are each other's one true love," Daniel spoke calmly.

Aaron heard Daniel and due to the fear of losing Krysten, he was about to feed her his blood but then, he paused as he remembered something.

"Promise me, Aaron, you won't ever think of turning me into a vampire. I know you love me and you want to spend an eternity with me, but I don't want to be the only creature I hate the most. I don't wanna be a vampire. I don't wanna be the creature who killed my parents," Krysten words echoed in his mind.

Aaron immediately paused, he held her tightly and started to cry. Daniel was shocked by Aaron's reaction. "Aaron, what are you thinking? Turn her, save her from this beast and live happily ever after. Have your one true love with you. You have served us for more than three hundred years, I am giving you your shot at happiness, have it. Protect her from Usman's evil Intentions," Daniel spoke.

"I can't," Aaron cried, "I can't turn her. The only thing she wanted is that she doesn't want to be a vampire at any cost," he yelled. He looked at Daniel who seemed to feel regret about what he did.

"You loved someone na? She got killed by your brother. Why didn't you saved her or turned her into a vampire? Because you loved her enough to respect her decisions, am I right Daniel?" Aaron asked finally looking at Daniel.

Daniel couldn't say anything more, he felt whatever Aaron was feeling right now so he bent his head and looked towards the ground. Guilt engulfed him and he started to understand whatever he did was wrong.

Sam on the other hand was getting frustrated after seeing this. "Aaron," he shouted. "You love her na, why would you let her die then? Feed her your blood, save her, does it matters that she remains a vampire or a human?" He asked.

"It matters," Aaron sobbed, "to love someone, the first thing you need to do is respect the other person's choice and decisions."

Sam went quiet as he heard those words.

On the other hand, Usman was feeling extremely angry as he looked at the scenery. "All this melodrama, it's too much. Aaron, save her, feed her and I will make sure that she remains human. I will find a witch and will treat her. So for fuck's sake, save her," he shouted.

This was the time when Sam understood everything. The fact that he was on the wrong side, the fact that he misunderstood love, the fact that he became selfish, the fact that somehow he is responsible for the condition of Krysten, the fact that if somebody is wrong here, it's none other than Usman. It just took few words from Usman to understand it all.

"No, why would he? Why would he save her? So that you can sacrifice her later for your own benefits?" He immediately snapped at Usman.

"Yes, the reason she is born is just that I can do the sacrifice and become the king. I have strived two thousand years for that," Usman shouted.

"Well then, it's sad for you that your wish isn't going to be fulfilled," Sam shouted.

"Stop this bullshit," Usman shouted and walked towards Krysten.

That was the moment when Aaron looked at Krysten. She was taking her last breath as she was gasping and in complete pain. Aaron could feel the pain she was in. The amount of physical pain he felt was the same she was feeling right now and it was the same as the amount of emotional pain he felt.