11. Feelings

"Thank you so much, officer," one of the men standing in front of the burnt house thanked Aaron. The fire was extinguished by now and the fire brigade left from there as well. The other police officers left as well, leaving Aaron and Felix there alone.

"Well, there is nothing to thank me, it's our duty," Aaron replied with a smile on his face. "No sir, you saved ten kids today, it may be just your duty, but you and that girl, you both are like God to us," the man replied, mentioning Krysten as she jumped into the fire to save the kids without even thinking anything else.

Aaron couldn't say anything else, he just nodded with a smile. "Take care of yourselves. I must leave now," he spoke with a smile and then walked away with Felix.

Their job was done now. "Now I think I should go and feed on someone, what about you? Are you coming?" Felix asked. "No, I must be going to Krysten. She is waiting for me," Aaron replied.

"Bro you need to feed first, you have been exhausted yourself much. If you don't feed now, you will drain someone out of blood in near future," Felix spoke. Aaron thought about Felix words.

"Yeah, you are right, I need to feed. I haven't fed for the past two days," Aaron replied.

"What? You are hungry for the past two days?" Felix was shocked. Aaron quietly nodded. "Why bro?" He asked. "You know my feeding technique," he tried to avoid any kind of eye contact.

"Bro, since you got your woman, you will have to change your feeding techniques now. You can't remain hungry forever and you can't sleep with others as well," Felix advised. "Yeah, you are right," Aaron nodded as he looked at him.

"So?" Felix asked. "Bring me a blood bag, I will feed on it," Aaron answered. "Fine," Felix replied as both of them settled down in the car. After having fed and quench their thirst, Felix left Aaron in front of Krysten's house and left from there. Aaron stood in front of her building, took a deep breath and then walked inside.

As he reached her room, he saw her sleeping peacefully. He stood there at the door and started to look at her with a smile on his face. He noticed her soft pink lips, her dark brown hairs, her tan brown skin, large eyelashes and the mole on her cheeks. He noticed each and every feature of the girl who is now the love of his life, who is the woman, who will complete his life now.

After staring for a while, he turned away and was about to walk out of the door, that's when, "Aaron," Krysten's voice echoed. He paused, and then turned and looked in her direction. She was looking at him, with a mild smile on her face. He smiled and then entered the room.

"You came," she spoke as she held his hands in her hands. "I had to come, I had made a promise," he replied in a soft voice as he sat near her. She couldn't say anything else, just nodded with a smile.

"Krysten," he called her. "Yea?" She replied. "I have to ask something, it's very important," Aaron spoke looking intensely towards her. She nodded in reply. "Why did you jumped into the fire without even thinking about anything else? Why did you do that when you knew the police was on its way?" Aaron asked in a very serious tone.

Krysten looked at him but then she looked in the other direction. "Answer Krysten, please. This is important, this question is haunting me. Why did you risk your life?" He asked again.

"Because I thought police doesn't help anyone unless or if they are the ones who are getting benefit from it. The cops are corrupt and so I thought I have to save those kids," Krysten answered.

"Krysten, it's our job. We have to save people. We cops, it's our job to work for people. Yeah, I accept few of us are indeed corrupt, but that doesn't mean that we won't do our most basic job, Krysten," Aaron spoke in a frustrating tone.