12. Killing Kills

Aaron was completely startled by Krysten's words. He somehow couldn't even believe whatever she said. He stood there, standing quietly, looking at her as she confessed all of it.

"The hate I had for cops, just because they didn't help me to get my parents to justice, just magnified my rage. I still remember that day. I was completely numb, I have had lost all the hopes to provide justice to my parents. No one was ready to help me, I was just crying and crying. I had nothing else to do. It seemed like I had failed my parents. And so, I was about to end my life that day. I have decided to commit suicide," Krysten continued as Aaron kept on looking at her in disbelief.

"My boss, I don't know from where that guy came in my life that day. He not only saved me from dying but then he provided me with a reason to live as well. That man, he kept his hand over the head of this poor eighteen year old girl, he made her, he made me understand that no matter what's the reason is, no reason is big enough to die. He told that okay, the police couldn't provide justice to my parents, but I can, I always can. I can find my parents' killer and I can punish them, I can always kill these corrupt cops who didn't even dare to help me and all. He then started to train me, Sam and a guy named Kevin with all forms of martial arts and then he helped me a lot, to get better, to channelize my anger into something better and so on. All of this helped me a lot. He made me what I am today, the trained assassin. The one who can kill people in cold blood and not think twice. After which, I have been given tips about policemen, who are the corrupt ones, and then I kill those. I murder them just because they are corrupt. That's my job. And you were my next target as well. I was here to kill you, but then I couldn't. I don't know how and where, you directly hit in my non-existent heart and made it believe that I have a heart, and now, here I am, thinking about you, having feelings for you and scared at this moment that you might hate me now or kill me as well for my crimes," Krysten confessed it all.

Aaron looked at Krysten. He was left speechless. He had nothing to speak or he couldn't even think of a single way how to react to all of this. He just kept on looking at her.

"The way I am trained, if I didn't tell you all this today, you couldn't even have found out the truth. But I do not want to build a relationship based on a lie, so here it is, the entire truth of Krysten. And now, it's all up to you. You want to punish me, well you can, you want to hate me, you can, you want to arrest me, you can," she looked into his eyes.

"Why are you thinking just about the negative consequences?" Aaron asked, looking at her. His question confused her more at that moment. "What are you saying?" She replied. "Give me some time, I need to figure it out and understand whatever you have told me," Aaron spoke.

Krysten nodded as she looked at him. Everything was crystal clear at this moment. He knew whatever he had to know while she just wanted to know his response to all this.

"You should have some rest, Krysten. You have had a hectic day and I guess assassins don't get holidays so you will have to be back at work tomorrow. I need to figure out many things today and I will come back to you," Aaron spoke.

"When?" Krysten immediately replied.

He looked at her and smiled. "I do not know, maybe I will come when I will have my answers. But there is one thing you must know," he spoke. "What is it?" She asked again.

Aaron went close to her. Their closeness was so intense that they could hear each other's breathing. Aaron could even hear Krysten's heart beating fast. The closeness made her weak as she just kept on looking at him. While on the other hand, he was feeling weak as well, but he held his composure so that he could put a weight on his words.

"You have told me your truth without even thinking about the consequences, Krysten. So now, when I know your truth, if you run away, from me, from all this, then trust me, I will find you out from wherever you will be hiding and I will kill you," he threatened her. She looked at Aaron, the fear in her eyes were evident. He smirked and then walked away from there while she kept on looking at him.