13. Love or Betrayal?

Days started to pass by,

Krysten, Sam and Kevin focused on their training wholeheartedly. They were learning the tricks taught by Daniel and followed tricks to improve their strength, agility and power. As usual, Krysten was the one who was shining in the training, she was giving her best and she was learning it all very quickly. Daniel was completely impressed by her.

And in this way, two months passed by.

One day,

After training, Krysten was resting in her room in the building. That's when someone knocked on the door of her room.

"Yeah?" She responded to the knock. "Hey, Kris," it was Kevin's voice. "Yup Kev?" She looked at him. "Boss is asking for you," Kevin informed her. "Cool, I will be there in a minute," she spoke. "Okay, and after that can we have a chat?" Kevin spoke.

"We?" Krysten asked, sceptically looking at Kevin. "You, me and Sam," Kevin replied. "Okay, fine," she rolled her eyes as she replied and got up from her seat to go meet the boss.

As soon as Krysten reached in front of the boss's cabin, she knocked on the door. The boss looked at Krysten.

"Oh Krysten, you are here, come in dear," Usman asked Krysten to come in. "Yeah," Krysten replied with a mild smile and walked inside.

"Sir, you have called me?" Krysten asked as she got herself seated in front of Usman. "Yeah, I called you here for some necessary work," Usman replied with a smile. "Yes sir, I am listening," she replied.

"Okay, so Krysten, what's going on with your mission dear?" Usman asked her as she looked at him. "I mean, it's been two months and no new cop has been killed, yet you are spending time with your targetted cop, what's going on?" He asked as he looked at her in suspicion.

"Sir, about Aaron, he isn't a corrupt cop. I have done my homework and I couldn't find any chances of corruption on him. So I am sure about him, that's why I didn't kill him," Krysten calmly replied, "and about why I haven't killed anyone else, I didn't get any tip for a corrupt cop and I don't work without tips. So the moment I get a tip, I will be on my work. Till then I am focusing on my training so that I can for sure kill a vampire or two," she replied with a sarcastic smile on her face.

"Okay, so you are clear about your motives?" Usman asked looking at her again. "Yes sir, I very sure am," she replied. "Okay then, you may go," Usman smiled. "Thank you, boss," Krysten replied and walked away from there.

"It's high time now, Krysten. I will have to mend you according to my ways. You will have to work for me, for something I have been preparing you for six good years," Usman sighed as he saw her leaving from there.

After leaving Usman's cabin, Krysten went directly to Kevin who was waiting for her.

"Hey," she spoke as she sat beside her. "Hey, long time no see," Kevin winked. "Oh shut up," she giggled. "What? We haven't had that you know, for the past two months. You just come here, train, have a little chit chat with us and then disappear. What can I say then?" He asked.

Krysten looked at Kevin. She thought that he deserves to know the truth, so she took a deep breath and looked at him and sighed. "Kev, I need you and Sam to know something," she spoke. "What?" Kevin asked as he looked towards her. "Call Sam, I will tell you both at the same time," she replied. "Okay," he sighed.

Within a few minutes, Sam was there as well and both were looking at Krysten, waiting for her confession. "Now, tell us," Kevin spoke. "Sam, Kevin, I know you both guys would have some complaints. I haven't spent time with you guys as much as I used to do. I don't sleep and have sex with you both anymore, in fact, you guys sort of have no idea about whatever is going in my life. And all of this is for sure bothering you," Krysten spoke.