18. Killer

"What bullshit are you guys saying? Aaron can't kill my parents. There is no way in the world this is possible," Krysten shouted at the top of her voice.

"So Krysten, I have a question for you then," Sam spoke. "What question?" She immediately replied, looking at him.

"Whom do you trust more? A guy you met and fell in love with two months ago or the people who are with you for years. You would love to trust Aaron, whom you know nothing about or us, your childhood best friend and your boss who gave you everything when you had nothing?" Sam asked, looking confidently straight in her eyes.

As Sam said those words, Kevin looked at him. He couldn't believe his words and he couldn't believe that he is the same Sam he knew for the past few years.

"Liars," Krysten shouted. "I do not trust you guys, I fucking do not. I trust Aaron and I trust him enough to believe that he hasn't killed my parents and right now, this isn't about love, it's about trust and I do trust him," she yelled at the top of her voice.

"Okay then, we shall hear the truth from him," Usman spoke. "How?" Kevin questioned. "I have caught him and held him as a hostage," Usman replied.

"How can you catch a Vampire and hold him as a hostage? You are a human Boss and human's don't have such kind of power," Kevin spoke as he looked at Usman in suspicion.

Usman hesitated for a bit as he heard Kevin's word. He was scared that his truth might be exposed, but then somehow he managed his calm and replied. "Yes I am a human, but my friend, Daniel, he is one of the oldest vampires and so he is much more powerful than Aaron. Also, I have something named vervain, it makes vampires powerless and so we are able to hold Aaron as a hostage," Usman replied as he looked at Kevin with an evil smirk.

"Fine, then let's go, let's find out," Krysten spoke. "Sure," Usman replied as he smiled evilly and Sam followed him.

All four of them walked towards the basement of the building. The basement was a dark, scary place and it did not give good vibes. As all four of them were walking, Krysten held Kevin's hands tightly as she was completely scared. Kevin looked at Krysten's scared expressions and then he noticed Sam and Usman. He could understand something was wrong.

"Why boss is acting in such a way and why is he getting involved in Kris's personal life? Why Sam is having a sudden change in his attitude? There is something wrong for sure and I will have to find it out. All of this isn't going the way it is supposed to go," Kevin thought within himself.

As four of them reached the corner of the basement, Usman opened a hard iron door and entered a room. As soon as the other three entered the room, Krysten and Kevin were completely shocked.

Aaron was sitting there on the floor in a very bad condition. He was almost unconscious as he felt powerless due to vervain.

Krysten felt devastated after seeing Aaron in the condition. She immediately rushed towards him and held him in her arms. "Aaron," she cried out as she saw him getting unconscious.

"Boss, why are you doing this? Take him out from here," she cried as she looked at Usman who was standing at the door of the room. That was the moment when Kevin noticed Usman. He noticed that although Usman entered the room filled with vervain, he got out of the room immediately and this made him suspect more.

He immediately went towards Krysten and pulled her apart. He noticed that Usman and Sam were having his eyes fixed on Aaron.

"Kris listen, something is really wrong. I can feel it. All of a sudden I don't know why Boss is getting involved in this, he never cared about your parents and right now he is claiming that he found out your parents' killer?" Kevin whispered.