15. Compulsion

"What? Compelled?" Krysten looked at Aaron in complete shock. "Yes, because I can see no other reason except that," Aaron nodded.

"But how is that possible Aaron? You are a vampire, how can you be compelled?" Krysten asked, addressing all her questions running in their minds. "Well, there are vampires who can compel other vampires as well," Aaron replied to which she gave him the look.

Aaron sighed as he rubbed his temples. "There are two vampires present in Fairbanks. The oldest vampires in history or I can say the first vampires. One of them is a vampire king and the other his brother," Aaron started to speak about the history of vampires while Krysten carefully listened to him.

"The vampire king and his brother, they are the most powerful vampires. They are unkillable, these wooden bullets can't even kill them and if somehow they die, the entire vampire population will cease to exist as we all are sired to them. Us vampires, we are all under them, we are as his people and he is our ruler. All the other vampires have been given a chance, that is, either they work for them or not. It's their decision and both of them won't have a say on it," Aaron spoke.

"So what is it for you? You work for them?" Krysten asked. "No, I don't, not anymore," Aaron replied. "Oh," Krysten sighed as she got the reply. "But yes, I used to work for them earlier. I left working for them just 5 years ago and got myself a job as a cop," he spoke.

"Why did you left working for them?" Krysten curiously asked. "Because they aren't good people. They are the worst. They just crave for power and fame and they can do anything to get it. They don't care about people or other supernatural beings. They resort to ways of prostitution and other illegal activities to torment humans, they resort to ways of blackmailing and threatening other supernatural beings to have an upper hand on witches and werewolves. They don't care about others, just themselves, and the vampires, who work under them and serve them, they make them do all the horrible things they wanted to accomplish. They want to become the king of the entire world and when I realised that, I left them, I had no thirst for power and some prophecy shit like that," Aaron confessed.

"Oh, so they let you go?" She curiously asked. "Not without a price," he replied. She looked at him while he spoke the words. It somehow scared her. "They made me forget all the horrible things I have done under them before setting me free," Aaron spoke. "Woah, that's a good thing," she chirped in joy.

"It isn't, because they can return me my memories whenever they want to torment me and punish me for leaving them," his voice shattered as he spoke that, "and considering the incident that happened today, I think my time has come, they are going to torment me," and Aaron looked down towards the ground.

As Krysten heard that, she felt devastated. She looked at Aaron, who looked completely broken and helpless and she had no idea how to help him.

"But how did they compel you? When did you meet them?" She asked, giving in a way for her final questions.

"They do not need to meet me to compel me. The King and his brother, their voice is just enough to compel us. An order through a phone call, it's more than enough somehow," he replied. "But why are they targeting you all of a sudden, Aaron? Why now?" Krysten asked with a concern in her voice.

"I have no idea," he replied calmly.

Aaron's POV

I am sorry Krysten, but I do have an idea why are they targeting me all of a sudden. You do not know, but the vampire king, he is none other than your boss, Usman.

He might have got to know about us and he does have something to do with you, that's why he is doing this. He knows you hate vampires so he was sure that my truth will take you away from me. He is doing all this to torment me and I have to find out the reason why is he doing this.