Runaways (Kou x Reader)

i got a song recommendation called "Real Friends" I've actually never listened to it but I heard it talks about toxic friendships so yeah. oh and it's by Camila Cabello

2nd person again because I have no clue how to write in first person🤩

Fluff☁️❤️ 

You've always been that type of person who's always wanted to be popular. Someone who was known by everyone at your school. All you've ever wanted was for people to care about you. People who actually gave you a reason to live, a desire to live and have fun with them all. Not people who make you feel as if you can't be yourself and that you have to fit their expectations. Of course, this school year at Kamome Gakuen's High School Division was different. You had got into a group of the most toxic friends you'd ever met, I mean, at least there were a few friends who weren't terrible to you. You'd gotten into this stupid group because your friends had started getting involved with the popular kids. And, your friends would hang out with them all the time, and flirt with them as well. But now since you hung out with your friends who hung out with them, you started being a part of that shitty group as well. You did some pretty bad things. After that, you started having the worst depression you could ever have. You sometimes wish you could go back in time, redo all this shit. Oh how you wish there was some way you could just go back. Or find a way out.

A way to escape this hellhole life.

You finally stopped writing in your journal. It was 5:30 A.M. You decided to get ready for school since it started in an hour. Another day in this stupid life. You slipped on your uniform, and headed out, of course grabbing a book with you. It was your sketchbook, since your so-called "friends" would probably make fun of you for your actual book preference. "Hey, Y/N." One of your popular friends called out. "Bro, what the fuck are you wearing? It looks disgusting on you." Another one of those bitches laughed. 'Disgusting like your face but whatever.' You thought. "Uh, this is the school uniform? Isn't everyone wearing this?" You asked, trying to keep your cool. "Oh right. Well maybe it looks bad because it's on you, no offense." They corrected themselves. 'Of course, "No offense, no offense." but don't realize just because they say that it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt anyone?'  You sighed. Sometimes you wonder why the hell your friends are like this. Finally, the bell rang. But you suddenly found one of your friends hugging you. 

"Kou-kun??"

"Hi Y/N-senpai~!"

You suddenly blushed at his actions. "C'mon, let's get to class already." You complained. But you were glad to have a friend like him. Or, maybe you liked him!

~~~(Timeskip to after your morning classes)~~~

"Bruh, is that your lunch? It looks so goofy." Your fake friends tormented. "Bro, why do you look like that? You're scaring me with that horrific face." You looked at them with pure shock. "Wha-What...?" Was all you could say. "Haha, why aren't you dead yet? I hope your death will be soon!" They all laughed. "I bet no one could ever love you with those ugly glasses! Get some contacts! But I bet you're too poor too even buy those!" A female voice said. "B-But I just did this morning! And why are you guys saying all that? What did I ever do to you guys to deserve this?" Usually, you would cry and Kou would comfort you, but you were tired of this. You were filled with anger and annoyance to why they kept saying these things. "I-uh, whatever." You weren't going to give them the reaction they wanted. You rushed out of the cafeteria. You ran to your locker, and snatched everything that was inside and stuffed it in your backpack. 'I can't take this anymore! I'm leaving this horrid place!' You slammed your locker hard, and then crashed into something rock solid. You looked up and saw Kou. "Kou-kun! I-uh..." You mumbled. You feel tears fall from your eyes. You immediately wiped them away. 

"I'm going to run away." You stated.

"What? But you can't leave me Y/N-senpai!"

"I-I'm sorry...I just can't handle being tormented anymore."

"I'll run away with you!"

"But what about your family?"

"I'll visit them! Let's go! I want to be with you forever Y/N-senpai!! I love you!!!"

"Wha-WHAT!?" He grabbed your hand and you both raced out of school. You ran into a pretty forest nearby and found a beautiful meadow filled with daffodils, lavenders, chrysanthemums, and tulips! It was such a wonderful sight. You ran to the field and ran around with more joy in each step. You felt free. You felt happy.

You haven't been happy like this in such a long time. This felt magical. It was one of the greatest moments of your life, feeling cheerful and truly free unlike ever before. Kou was right behind you with flowers.

"Y/N, I've been meaning to tell you this for a long while, but I love you! Ever since I first saw you I thought you were the most beautiful girl I've ever seen! Then, when I started to get to know you, I fell harder for you! I love you Y/N!! But, of course it's okay if you don't like me-" You interrupted his confession and kissed him. He started kissing back and it felt lovely. He then let go and then he kissed your nose and your cheeks. You flushed at that but you were okay with it. Kou finally released you and both then sat down on the grass. "So, does that mean you like me back?" He asked. "No, it means I love you back!" You smiled. It was getting dark, so you grabbed your lunch which you didn't end up eating and ate it for dinner. You fed some to Kou as well and then Kou started a fire. You both then snuggled up together for warmth. "This was fun..." You muttered as you fell asleep in Kou's arms.

You woke up, feeling panicked. But then you remembered what had happened yesterday. You had a strange dream. You kept hearing a voice saying that you needed to leave and that you can't run away from something but you woke up before it could finish. "Good morning Y/N-senpai." Kou said calmly. "Yeah. Good morning!" You said back. You then started spacing out a lot but you didn't know why. "Uh, Y/N? Are you alright?" He asked. You finally then spit it out.

"Kou-kun, we should go back."

"Oh, what makes you say that?"

"I can't run away from my problems forever. I need to go solve them or this will keep happening!" He smiled. "I'm glad you realized what you need to do." Kou ruffled your hair. You then stopped the fire, grabbed all your stuff, and headed back to Kamome High.

The first thing you saw once you got there was your fake friends. Before they could say anything, you spoke. "Look, please just stop teasing me. I know it may be fun and all but it really hurts my feelings. You don't know how much it's hurt me." You admitted. Tear slowly flew from your eyes. "Y/N, we're so sorry. We shouldn't have said those awful things. I can't believe we thought it was funny, I'm so sorry Y/N. You don't even have to forgive us. We wouldn't deserve it." They apologized. You smiled. "I don't think I can forgive you right now, but maybe time will help me heal." You say. Kou and you then walk away, satisfied with their apology.

"I'm glad we came back, Kou-kun."

"Me too Y/N-senpai."

He then picked you up and you embraced each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, that's it for the Kou x Reader story! It took me like 4 hours to make this lol. Bye and happy reading! Don't except me to update that early I might update next week sorry y'all. I'm too lazy for all this shit😭😭😭😭

Word Count: 1340