you and him (nene x reader)

guys i'm actually so done with life so uh the rest of the one-shots might be angst for a long time. i'm also in my poetic phase so-

so i suck at poetry but it probably isn't poetry that i've written here but let's just pretend it is tbh. sorry if it's cringe.

pronouns in this oneshot are they/them

song recommendation: Forever and Always by Zeph and emails i can't send by Sabrina Carpenter

Narrator

Y/N is standing, just writing in their journal. It's full of poems of love, hate, and misery. They sometimes draws there too, drawing only Nene Yashiro, the one they love.

Y/N's Journal

'I watch as you both laugh in the garden.

You smile as your bodies grow closer, and I stand here just wishing you were mine.

He tucks a strand of hair behind your ear and your lips tug against his, and my heart starts to ache. 

Now I wish to drown in a lake.

I truly had a chance, but I wasted it so badly.

You and me were something too,

But now you've left and I'm all blue.

Every time your next to me

My heart starts to race and my mind explodes;

But now it feels like I'm coughing out smoke.

I wish you were here, right next to me.

Yet of course that is where you'll never be.

I cherish you so much, more than you could ever know-

I love the way your hair flows in the wind, and how you're so cute when you're embarrassed.

I love your bright magenta eyes with accents of orange, and the adorable little accessories in your hair.

Your daikon legs, I love them too.

I adore everything about you.

But yet that's something you'll never know;

You're too busy with his fake show.

I know how he cheats, meeting with other girls every day.

But word about it to you and I'm dead meat.

I'll tell you anyway, but you never believe anything.

You don't see what he does to me.

When you're gone, he hits and shouts-

And now I'm no longer in doubt;

He is terrible and I know you aren't

Hanako and I are worried about you,

Just hurry before you turn into someone you're not.

Please, just hurry up and choose

I wish you could see that you're truly being used-

All the time I think about how I could treat you so much better

I'd even lend you my favorite sweater

You're all I looked forward to

But now I can't even look at you

My heart belongs to yours, Yashiro Nene

But not even you will look outside the box.'

Narrator

Y/N closes their simple book, tossing it aside back into their bag. Tears drag themselves out their eyes, and they lift an arm to wipe them away. They watch as B/N takes Nene in his arms, and they both embrace each other while you stay here, disgusting yourself. 

Y/N runs off to wherever Hanako is, and he takes them in a hug while the tears run down their face. They both suddenly hear footsteps and Hanako quickly grabs tissues, and they try to hide Y/N's face.

"Hey guys! I just got back from hanging out with B/N for a while, what've you guys been up to lately?" Nene asks as she rushes in, about to reach over to you for a hug.

"Please, back off."

That simple sentence startles her a bit, causing her to wonder what could be happening.

"Why? Aren't we friends?"

Y/N walked off, muffling their sobs. They hide their face, and they walked through the halls people who truly could care less about everyone and everything. 

"I love you a lot Nene-

But I think my hate for you is now overtaking that.

I guess love doesn't always win."

That was the last thing Y/N ever said to Nene.

They never talked again.

But before Y/N officially left Nene for good, she just wanted to have a little fun, of course.

Nene never found love, for she never saw the good in Kou or Hanako and Teru never loved her back.

Nene lost everything after that specific day, but she never guessed why.

And also, have you ever wondered why Nene was to die in a few years?

You may now think 'No! Y/N is terrible! I can't believe this! ' But as much as terrible Y/N is, it won't change anything they've done.

And yet you still haven't figured it out yet, haven't you, reader.

There was one simple question all along that was the final piece to your puzzle.

How the Narrator know this?

But yet no one figured it out. Not even that question!

I, the narrator, am also Y/N L/N.

My hate for Nene has only grown.

Revenge is sweet and addictive, it's hard to stop.

Nene will be suffering for a long while now.

#plottwistbesties