𝚂𝙰𝚄𝙳𝙰𝙳𝙴

there was a knight named michael. the kingdom of what the king ruled over and still does, vindua.

as a knight, however, getting a more higher position except for the royal blood was never easy. it was such an honor but that would also mean there is a higher chance of risking the lives for its own kingdom.

he doesn't care, really- in fact, that was the reason he got this job. well, i could also add the princess, the daughter of the king for how many times he have wished to see her this close.

and you wouldn't believe if i tell you he'd nearly lose his cool whenever she asks him to accompany her wondering throughout the kingdom. to be honest, he doesn't know if they're even allowed to do this. because based on what he heard about the kingdom's ruler he's very strict.

you wouldn't want to cross paths with the king if you were him.

"hey, you're that rookie who straight up went into a special rank, no?" someone beside him spoke, he wore those metal armor that sure weights a lot.

he was so tired that he was so unborthered at the same time, for a good five minutes his mind went blank. a croissant would be perfect to eat at times like this, if only.

"good morning, michael!" a bright girl appeared in front of them, her h/c hair tied into a high donut letting her locks hang on both sides of her face.

and just the other day was he hired to be one of those knights, he just never thought- out of all people he's the one she's got to annoy.

what if somebody notices and then reported it to the king- you know he'd rather die than cross paths with him. suicidal people would love their death done in the most brutal way but him.

but, isn't fighting in a battle and being barbecued with a sword is already brutal. no, because what's the cost of being killed by people for no literal reason just because he ordered them.

"you aren't gonna say it back, huh?" the princess held up a hand in front of his face. although he's starving yet he stood very firmly.

"oh, my tiara? i'll tell you later." it's not upon her head.

an hour have already passed, the princess have succeeded to bring him with her which he wasn't given a chance to disagree at all in the first place. the two were seen walking in the cherry blossom field, a place that only the king and queen knew about and then bequeathed to her.

and was he lucky about that.

to talk that, only the princess and the current ruler must know about- he was given a chance to be able to be there. however, he is yet to find out.

either, a royal blood must walk ahead of people or before them. but why does it feel like being a royal does not matter when she's with him, she can even walk beside him at anytime but i guess that would cross the line. there is always a rule that must be followed for you are a royal blood or not.

you know typical best friends walking side by side just talking about their interests- maybe knowing him for just one night is enough for her to figure out he has this soft side that she is yet to meet and that's what she's looking forward to.

and regarding his rank, it's more than a special rank because he was given two tasks. a special rank either should be inside guarding the whole mansion or just beside the king while the B rank which the special rank leads should guard the gates and those tall walls.

A ranks and C ranks go for exhibitions to find out what's going on outside its kingdom, that's also where C ranks gets there training. quite impressive, right.

"what about your rank, i heard you're a special one. maybe second to kawa?" kawa?

holding her hands together behind her, y/n decided to look back and flushed him a smile. it was his dream, how could she not notice that this man in front of her will melt if she ever do that again.