1.

Note from author:
This story is not going to be smut just because I'm not very comfortable with writing it. Please message me for any questions or concerns about the story. Each chapter will switch from Addison and Danny's POV. Enjoy!

The date was November 14th, 2017. My birthday. Of course the boys were celebrating because we never missed anyone's birthday, but something was different this year. Not only was it my eighteenth birthday, but the band was gaining popularity, and Danny was quiet. Danny isn't quiet around me. It's not normal.

"You okay?"

I said, nudging Danny's shoulder with my own.

"Ye-yeah I'm fine"

"You don't seem fine"

"Just enjoy your birthday, Addison, it's nothing that big, I swear"

"I'll take your word on it"

As the night went on, I forgot about the conversation we had. Sometimes Danny was stressed and that was fine. He looked hot when he was stressed, but he was my best friend. I tried to get those thoughts out of my head. You know the ones you have when you stare at someone just a little too long?? Yeah. Those. I get those all the time staring at him, but he can't know I feel like that. It would ruin everything. It was late, 1:00 A.M. my birthday was over, but to Josh, apparently it never ended, the endless stack of beer cans was just getting taller. He was so drunk to the point where he tried to twerk on the counter, but fell off, breaking a shot glass. Somehow he was completely unharmed. I didn't even know how he was still alive, but I diverted my attention over to Sam and Danny, who were having a conversation on the couch.

"What's going on over here?"

I said, innocently

"Nothing, why"

Danny replied, bored

"Danny what's up with you, man?"

Sam said, honestly concerned for his best friend

"I'm fine, okay?"

Danny said, storming out of my house

"He's not okay."

Sam replied, staring at me blankly

"He's been like that all night. Must have something on his mind."

After I had finally managed to kick the Kiszka's out of my house, I collapsed onto my bed and fell asleep. I woke up to the banging of pots and pans in my ears, and I wasn't surprised when I saw Sam and Jake standing above me screaming

"GET UP LOSER"

"SHUT UP"

I yelled back while throwing a pillow at them.

"We're going out to lunch, be ready in thirty."

Jake said while leaving my room, dragging Sam along with him. Was Danny going to be there? I was trying hard not to think about him leaving the night before. I ran out of the door when I heard Josh's Jeep honk outside my window

"I'M HERE"

"Good."

Josh replied, obviously hungover

"Regretting those beers?"

"Shut up."

"Okay, princess Joshie"

"I will throw you out of a window"

"Sounds fun, I'm in."

I looked beside me to see Danny, staring at me, smiling a bit.

"Sorry for leaving last night. I had a lot on my mind."

"Don't sweat it"

I replied. Little did I know the true meaning of why we were going out.