10.

I started to drive Addison home an hour later. The hospital was about 20 minutes from her place and it was around 11:00. I was driving through town when I noticed she had fallen asleep. I didn't really think anything of it because typically she would wake up when I parked. When we finally got to her house, I got out to open her door and realized she didn't wake up. I started to pick her up to take her inside, but she woke up and looked at me with the most tired, adorable eyes I'd ever seen.

"Don't leave me"

She said in the raspiest voice I'd ever heard on her. It was hot. How could I leave her now? Wait till she fell back asleep an run for her door or take her home with me?

"I don't know what you want me to do here,"

I explained

"Me either, you choose"

She fell back asleep, I was about to scoop her up and take her inside, but I remembered what she has said. I got back in my car and drove to my place. I picked her up and she secured herself around my waist. I unlocked the door and walked inside. I didn't expect my parents to be home. They were supposed to be on vacation with my sister. So when they all saw me carrying Addison in, they bombarded me with questions.

"Is she intoxicated?"

"No, mom. She's asle-"

"Well is she high?"

"No, dad-"

"Awwwwwww are you two dating?"

Josie, my sister finally asked.

"Shut up, midget."

"WAIT I WAS RIGHT?!"

"Josie stop, your gonna wake her u-"

"I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS DAY"

"what's going o- oh my god-"

"ADDISON WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?"

Addison managed to wriggle out of my arms and hugged Josie.

"You were in Costa Rica- I thought you guys weren't supposed to be back for another week?"

"Had to cut the vacation short. Hurricanes are coming in."

"That sucks, but it's nice to have you home- wait. How did I get here-"

"You begged me not to leave you alone."

She turned bright red.

"Oh- I'm sorry"

She laughed a bit

"It's okay, you want me to drive you home?"

"I can walk"

"Nonsense! Daniel, she can stay"

My mother cut in

"No, you guys need some family time-

"You're family now, Addison"

My father added.

"Yeah! It's ll be fun, c'mon"

Josie of course just had to add in. She looked up at me and I just shrugged.

"Okay then, I'll stay"

That made me happy, I was excited when she had told me not to leave her. After about an hour, my parents went to bed and it was just Josie, Addison, and I left downstairs.

"So, how long have you all been dating?"

"About a week now..."

"You don't know how long I've wanted you two to get together. Danny used to come into my room at night and tell me things about you that made him ha-"

"Shut your mouth Josie!"

"Have feelings for you...what did you think I was going to say..?"

Both of them laughed out loud. I just stared at Josie.

"Well, I better go to bed. Night lovebirds."

"Goodnight, Josie."

"Then there were two"

"Yeah. We should probably go to bed too, though."

"Yeah, I'm pretty tired"

I picked her up again, this time, swinging her over my shoulders and onto my back. She was half asleep before we got to my room. I laid her down on my bed and then began to change my shirt.

"You look better without it"

She mumbled.

"You think so?"

"Yeah"

I put the shirt up and laid beside her, she cuddled up to me and soon we were both drifting off to sleep.