18.

Note: this is going to be such a short chapter I'm so sorry for that, I just wanted to make up for all the lost time these past few weeks!

A little over a year had passed since we moved into the apartment together. Everything was going smoothly, and we hadn't had any arguments or fights since our last one. It was nearing Addison's birthday and I just knew that we had to do something special for her 20th. I opened a window in our apartment to let the crisp, autumn air in.

"I'm home!"

Addison shouted from the kitchen

"I'm in the bedroom!"

"Okay! Come in here when you can please!"

"Okay! I'll be in there in just a second!"

I walked into the room and helped her unpack groceries from the store where she had just been.

"Hey, is it okay if we celebrate your birthday tonight? My surprise can't wait any longer"

"That's okay with me!"

A few hours later, we were sat down at her favorite restaurant with her favorite food sitting in front of her.

"I love sushi so much"

"I know you do, that's why I took you here"

"Thank you, hunny"

Yes, I let her keep the nickname, it was kinda cute

"So what's the surprise?"

"You'll just have to wait, baby"

"Okay.."

After dinner, I took her to the lake where we used to hang out all the time. I led her across a candlelight path, up onto the bridge that overlooked our sacred place.

"What are we doing here Danny?"

I got down on one knee, pulling a small, flat box out of my pocket.

"Addison, I know that it's only been about two years, but we've known each other for so much longer than that. I have been waiting for the day that I could ask you these four simple words for a lifetime. I love you more than life could ever explain. Will you marry me?"

I opened the box to reveal a diamond ring, she was already crying, her eyes wide and a huge smile across her face.

"YES"

She happily screamed out. I know that every man claims to be the happiest on earth when he proposes, but I really felt the happiest I ever had been that day.