23.

When we got back to Nashville, I put my bags down and ran to our new bed, jumping on it and sprawling out, curling myself up in the covers.

"Happy to be home?"

"Yeah"

My voice was muffled by the blanket, which made Danny laugh. He crawled onto the bed and wrapped his arms around me.

"Don't get used to this bed, we gotta leave in a week"

"Ughhhhhh"

I groaned. He kissed the top of my head and slinked off of the bed.

"But we can't survive a week without food. I'll be back"

"Okay"

As he walks out of the door, I walked into the bathroom, grabbing a pregnancy test. I had noticed some small changes in myself. I was more moody, more tired, less able to do things. It had been about a month since our wedding, we stayed in Frankenmuth for almost 3 weeks, not wanting to leave his family. I had been dreading taking the test, not knowing yet if Danny even wanted kids with me, but it was a risk I had to take. It would be better for him to know, then not to know, if I was, in fact, pregnant. I peed, waited, waited some more, went back into the bathroom and shoved the test in a drawer, knowing Danny would be home soon. I would look after dinner. Or maybe I would just wait? I heard the door click. I went out to the living room and helped dang put the groceries up.

"Are you okay? You seem off"

"Yeah I'm alright honey, just tired"

"Then go lay down, I'll be in there in just one moment"

He kissed the top of my head and I walked into the bedroom. I stopped in front of the bathroom door and contemplated. I decided to not look yet, I couldn't do that to myself. What if I was pregnant and Danny didn't want kids? What if I couldn't raise kids? What if I was a horrible mother? I took a deep breath and sat on the bed, then Danny walked in.

"Are you sure you're okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay"

I smiled at him, he smiled back and pulled me into his arms, I almost feel asleep, but he let go.

"You seem off, is everything alright? Please be honest."

"Danny, I'm okay. Just tired, I swear"

"Okay, whatever"

I laid my head on his chest, and fell asleep with his arms around me; I felt safe there, like nothing could get to me, other than the fear that I could soon become a mother.

When I woke up, I could smell something coming from the kitchen, and realized Danny was making dinner. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to pee, but then remembered what was waiting in that drawer. I opened it and pulled the test out. It was positive. I was pregnant with my husband's child and I didn't even know if he wanted one. I quickly put the test back in the drawer and walked out of the bathroom. Danny was making some really fancy spaghetti and salad, something I had always loved when he made it.

"You know just how to spoil me, don't you?"

"Well of course I do, you're my wife"

I smiled, after a bit the food was ready and we sat down to eat.

"Well? How is it?"

"Delicious as always, honey.......I have a question."

"Okay?"

"Do you ever want kids?"

"I- uhm- I think so. Why? Do you not? Because if you don't then I don't."

"No I do it's just, we haven't talked about it, and I was curious"

"Why all of a sudden?"

"No reason, I just...wanted to know."

"You're not convincing me. What's wrong? Can you not have children?"

"No, I can, it's just......I wanted to make sure we wanted the same things..."

"Okay...you're still not convincing me"

"I'm pregnant"

I muttered silently

"What?"

"Danny...I'm pregnant"