26.

Ok I left again 😭 I'm sorry guys I swear I'm trying so hard to write but it's been difficult! Anyways there's a time skip...honestly because I have horrible writers block and honestly, I'm not a huge writer....so we're just gonna skip until after the twins...yes twins....are born

"Are they awake again?"

"Yeah, it's okay, I'll get them"

"Nonsense, I'll get them, you need to rest as much as possible"

"Danny, seriously, I can get them"

It was in the middle of the night, we had brought the twins home a few days ago....maybe a few weeks, honestly all track of time. We had one boy, one girl, Alexis Marie and Grant Daniel...we knew Grant Daniel didn't flow but my mother insisted on keeping Daniel in the family and it would get way to confusing if we had Dan, Danny, and Lord only knows what we would call another Daniel in the family, considering we all hate just Daniel...but either way, I was getting up more than Addison was, I guess sometimes I should have let her get the twins, knowing that eventually they always ended up in her arms anyways...Alexis at least seemed to like her more...

"If you don't let me put out children back to sleep I'll go crazy"

"Then I'll just come with you. I'll take Alexis, you take Grant"

"Alright, fine"

We never argued over the kids, honestly if anything, we argued more about the fact that both of us wanted the other to have more sleep. After a while, we ended up bringing the twins' cribs into our room. When that didn't work, we called Karen. She told us that if we put the twins in the same crib it might help, and it definitely did. They finally started sleeping longer and longer each night until eventually, after a few months, we could actually get seven, uninterrupted hours of sleep.

"WAKE UP BITCHESSSS"

"Sam shut up we have two babies asleep"

"Make that three"

"Oh shut up"

"Hey Sam"

"Morning Addison"

"So what's wrong with you today?"

"We're recording....remember?"

"Shit...yeah just give me a minute I'll be right down"

I made sure to say goodbye to the kids and Addison before I ran out of the door, apple in my mouth, phone in hand, keys in the other, drumsticks in pocket, and water somehow being held. We recorded all day and almost all night, but we decided to just take another few days to record the remaining tracks. Once I got home, addison was still awake, but the twins were fast asleep.

"Hey honey"

I said, sliding into bed beside her

"Hey, how was the studio?"

"Good, it was good...and how were the twins? I'm sorry I was out so late."

"They missed you, that's for sure. Lexie is a daddies girl, that was proven today.."

"I knew it!"

I tried to stay quiet but it still came out a little louder than I hoped. I leaned over and kissed Addison, short but sweet, like we had for years. I pulled the covers over me, and almost immediately I felt a hand traveling around my waist. I smiled down on Addison as she buried her face into my chest. I put my arm around her and kissed her forehead as she drifted off to sleep.

At around midnight, the twins were crying and before Addison could say I word, I was up, holding them in my arms. They slept soundly the rest of the the night, not making a peep, at least...that I heard. When we woke up in the morning, I got the twins out of the crib, changed their diapers and put their clothes on for the day. They were looking at me the whole time. These kids had became such a huge part of the life and they had every right to. As Addison sauntered out of bed, she was still tired, she got up a few times in the night to check on the twins, and she picked Grant up and spun him around securely in her arms. After she had done that, Grant giggled. It was the first time we had heard either of them laugh. Addison began to cry, and almost just as suddenly Alexis responded with a small giggle. We held the twins as we were both experiencing this together, as a family. A strong, healthy, loving family.