7.

We never got dinner so I was happy to see take-out on the counter when I walked in.

"Got your favorite!"

Mom said from behind me

"Oh my God thank you I'm starving"

I ate, then I took a shower. I couldn't help to think about what Danny was doing at this moment. He was probably asleep because he looked pretty tired when he was walking me home. I picked up my phone and sent him a text, just in case he was awake.

"Night, Danny ❤️"

He never responded. I laughed, thinking about what he looked like right now, I've seen him sleeping multiple times, and it's funny. He does this thing where he mumbles in his sleep, it's honestly kinda hot. He's a pretty deep sleeper, like me and Josh would throw pillows at him and he wouldn't wake up. One time Sam put an ice cube down his shirt on the coldest night of the year. He didn't even shiver. We also put his air mattress on the lake at the Kiszka's lake house. It took him five minutes to realize where he was after he woke up. But, in all honesty, I'm the same way. I finally drifted off to sleep, and I guess I slept good because the next time I opened my eyes it was 7:30 and the sun was pouring into my room. I hopped out of bed and threw some workout clothes on, it was a perfect day to take a little stroll up and down the street. Danny must've thought the same thing, because as I passed him house, he was walking out.

"Hey stranger!"

I yelled, getting his attention

"Hey! What are you doing?"

"Running, what does it look like?!"

I said, Jogging in place

"Mind if I join?"

He said, beaming at me

"Sure, cmon!"

We ran the other mile there was to go together. We talked about our nights, he apologized for not responding, I said it was fine of course, I had the intention of him not responding anyways so no harm done. We reached my house again and my mom stepped out from the porch

"Hey, breakfast is ready! Danny come on in too, the more the merrier!"

I could hear the chaos inside. WHY ARE MY CHILDREN HERE OHMYLAWDIMGONNACRY

"why are you here"

I said to Jake, who was stuffing three slices of bread into his mouth all at once. He just shrugged. I turned to Sam who was drinking some coffee and repeated the question

"We were coming to say hi, but your mom said you went on a run. She invited us to join you two for breakfast....looks like you didn't go on a run though, did you?"

He said, winking at me

"God Sam, no. We seriously went on a run up and down the street get your mind out of the gutter."

Danny said, completely unenthusiastically

"Josh, your awfully quiet"

I said, seeing Josh not talking was concerning.

"Someone asked him out and he doesn't know what to say because he doesn't like the guy"

Jake said, nudging Josh

"he's so ugly"

He said

"Josh, don't say that"

"No, not his looks, he's hotter than the sun it's his attitude"

Josh wasn't the type to look for looks, he just wanted someone who would love him and treat him kindly. I respected that about him.

"Do I need to be your fake girlfriend.....again?"

We've been through this before. Josh used to have this girl who basically bowed down to him every time they made eye contact. I pretended to be his girlfriend one day, and it all stopped.

"Danny, are you okay with that?"

I laughed

"Yeah I don't care, why would I?"

"Because we're dating stupid."

"Josh is your best friend, I know your intentions are good, therefore I'm not very concerned about it...and he's not even straight"

"Okay, Mr. Dictionary"

Sometimes Danny used words that made everything sound poetic. That's how he got the  nickname "Mr. Poetic"

"Haha very funny"

He said. He hated the nickname. I gave him a little nudge with my elbow and then took his hand.

"Aaaw-"

"Sam shut up."

Sam was the one that every time someone got sent to the principals office he would go "ooooooooooo" and make a joke out of the,. It was no different now that me and Danny are dating, but oh well. We were both happy so that's all that matters I guess.