13.

I watched as he walked out of his house, bags packed. I ran up to him and kissed him goodbye, knowing we may not be together by the end of this tour.

"Don't forget me, okay?"

I said with tears in my eyes.

"Don't worry, I won't. I love you, Addison."

"I love you more."

I couldn't stop the tears rolling down my face as they drove away. I walked back home, trying to stop myself from falling to pieces on the sidewalk. I eventually made it up to my room, where I broke down. I cried almost all night, thinking that he was going to find someone else while they were on tour. I finally looked down at my phone when I realized it said,

"Danny🥁 10 missed FaceTime's"

I called him back and he immediately answered

"Hey! Are you okay? You haven't picked up"

"Yeah, sorry"

"Hey, what's wrong?"

I looked at my phone to see him, just him. Alone in a hotel room. Nobody else.

"I'm scared that you're going to find someone else."

"Don't be scared of that. You know I could never find someone as good as you. Now can I see your face?"

I tilted the camera towards my puffy, red, tear stained eyes and cheeks.

"How long have you been crying?"

"Since you left."

"I wish I could give you a hug"

"Yeah, me too."

"Well, I have to go. Wish us luck!"

"Good luck"

"Hey, I love you, okay?"

"I love you too."

I saw video's from their performance that night. They all did phenomenal. The outcome was amazing, and the energy was just right for them. I went to bed knowing that there was nobody else. I did that for the next few weeks until I woke up one morning to a text from Josh.

"Hey, call me."

I called him immediately thinking something happened to him.

"Are you okay?"

"Addison, it's Danny."

"What happened?"

"He brought some girl to the hotel last night. He asked me not to tell you because you would be heartbroken, but you're my best friend and I don't want you to find out from anyone else."

I immediately hung up the phone and called Danny.

"He-"

"HOW DARE YOU?!"

I yelled through the phone, tears already rolling down my cheeks

"What are you talking about?"

"Josh told me."

"About?"

"About the girl you brought back to your room last night."

"Addison I'm sor-"

"Don't say a word. You performed a song you wrote for me and then brought another girl to your hotel?! How could you do this to me Danny?!"

"Addison please, I promise it won't happen again"

"I don't want your apologies Danny. We're done."

I hung up the phone sobbing just like I did the night they had left. It had been three months and he already found someone else? How was it possible. I knew that the rest of the band would take his side, so I had lost all of my friends. I cried all night and all day for the next three weeks. Nothing hurt more than losing the man I loved most, but we just weren't meant to be. Nothing was made to last forever, even if you want it to.