Chapter 47

Darshana

So he is not as innocent as I thought him to be.

"Well," He cleared his throat and got my attention. "Ivlo naal namma oru artist and ennoda assistant or trainee mari aana relationship la thaan namma irunthom. Anaiku night oru moment la you kissed me. I was aware of my feelings athu naalathaan naan thirumba kiss pannen. Unnoda feelings ennanu enaku theriyathu. Nee vera odita. Athuku apuram naan call panni unkita enna ethu nu ketutu iruntha ennoda feeling ah un mela force panra mari irukum athan wait pannen." He stood up and went to place the coffee mug on the table placed near the wall.

"Wait! Ungaluku en mela feelings irunthucha?" It was evident in the way he scolded me on Sunday night but now he has said it, I want to hear him say it openly.

"Naan ivlo neram enna sonnen?" He turned towards me and leaned back on the table, crossing his arms.

"Athu ellam enaku theriyathu. Neenga solunga. Eppola irunthu feelings iruku?" I crossed my arms and looked away at the balcony.

The next moment, I felt him close to me and the moment I turned towards him, he leaned closer to me and placed his hands on the stool surface. "Naan keta question ku nee innum answer pannala aana enna maatum kelvi ketutu iruka!"

"E...Entha question?" I swallowed hard as his proximity created chaos in my body. In the past one month and three weeks, Veda has never crossed his boundaries. Us coming close to each other has always been accidental. I have sensed his admiring eyes but never expected his romance speed could increase from 2G to 5G all of a sudden.

Veda leaned closer than before and whispered in my ears. "Unnoda friends kita sonniya?" His breath tingled my neck and I raised my shoulders as butterflies started flapping faster in my stomach. I opened my mouth to answer him but only air came out so I just nodded. "Enna sonnanga?" I took a sharp intake of breath and my nostrils wafted with his body wash.

The same smell from the evening I first saw him.

The memories from that evening and what my friends told me on Friday evening, came to my mind. Though my cheeks flushed with the memory, my friends gave me courage too.

"Just go with the flow!"

When he can behave bold all of the sudden why can't I?

I assumed a spot on his head to be ear and whispered against it. "They asked me when are you going to teach me anatomy."

And that was his turn to take a sharp intake before he leaned back straight. He turned around and scratched the back of his head. I used the chance to release the breath I was holding.

"Na...The..." He stammered like me and turned before sitting on his stool. "Naan enna science ah teach panren anatomy eduka. Ithu art form." He took his paintbrush and resumed working on his art piece.

I decided to tease him more and stood up to go near him. I used my left hand to touch his left arm around his elbow and slid up to hold his wrist. It's my usual spot to hold his hand when he struggles but today to tease him. I leaned my right arm on his shoulder and looked at him. Though I couldn't see his face fully, I was able to see his throat in which his Adam's apple bobbed up and down as he swallowed hard. "Konja nerathuku munnadi thaan, All the details I know nu sonnenga. Art class la anatomy varum nu theriyatha."

He lowered his shoulder and my hand slipped off his shoulder. He cleared his throat and blew out a tensed air. "Naan onnum art class poi art kathukalaiye. Athu gene la vanthatha amma konja guide pani improvise pananga. Naane anatomy class attend panatha apo unaku eppadi kathu kodukurathu."