Chapter 56

Darshana

Wearing this saree is the worst idea ever, my heart is not controlling itself.

I don't know what came to my mind and I decided to wear this saree but looking at myself in the mirror, I'm panicking. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I cannot go weak and I don't have time to change out of this saree. I collect all my courage and open my eyes to look at myself in the mirror.

Saree pinned up everywhere - checked. Makeup hiding dark circles and dullness - checked. Bindi - checked. Jewels - checked.

I took my clutch and checked it to confirm whether I had taken my things and phone. Though the event is starting at seven, I have to be there thirty minutes earlier to check on the arrangement. The HR team has arranged several AC buses for the employees to travel to and fro with their family but I have to get a cab.

I exited my apartment and locked the door before walking towards the elevator bay and pressed the summoning button of one of the common elevators. For the past month, I have been using the common elevator instead of the private elevator to avoid Hridhay but to brief him about his schedule, I had to reach the office along with him.

The elevator doors opened and I was stunned to see him in the common elevator. I took a step back and confirmed whether it's a common elevator. I looked at Hridhay and realised he has the same look on his face. He scanned me from my head to toe as I debated whether to step into the elevator or not. The elevator doors slid close but he stepped his feet and stopped them from closing.

"Private elevator la etho issue nu common elevator use panna sonanga. Paathi thooram staircase la thaan vanthen if you want I can use the other one." Hriday tried to walk out but I stepped inside the elevator. "It's okay."

I pressed the button to reach the lobby level and Hridhay was watching me curiously. "Inthu... intha saree eppo vanguna?"

"Vangala ithu Valli amma odathu." I kept my head low.

"Amma santhoshama irukum pothu ellam intha saree thaan katuvanga." I looked at him in shock and he shook his head. "I mean Valli ma. Darshi naan unkita oru vishayam solanum..." The elevator stopped moving and the door opened at the lobby level. I tried to step out but Hridhay held my hand and pulled me inside, pressing the elevator door to close.

"Hridhay, cab book pani iruken athu vanthu irukum." The elevator rode down towards the basement but he pressed the stop button to halt the elevator from reaching down. "Unkita oru vishayam pesanum nu solren nee patukitu pora."

"Enna vishayam? Office ah pathiya Veda va pathiya? Valli ma pathi pesunathum nee kandipa office pathi pesa vanthu iruka maata."

"Munnadi ellam avana pathi pesi pesi torture panuva ippo ennana ippadi pandra. Unnaku enna than aachu?" He held both my arms and shook me before pulling me against him.

It's been a month since we ended up this close. I lifted my head up and looked at him at the same time he bent his neck and looked at me. Something changed in his eyes and he dipped his head down more.

"Hridhay, it's hurting." I whimpered and he let me go.

He balled his palm into a fist and took a deep breath. I pressed the button to the lobby and the elevator rode up. I exited the elevator but he stayed in his place. I rushed out of the lobby, found the cab that I booked and got into it.

Finally, I let the tears roll down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

How come being different they both hold the same emotions in their eyes?