Chapter 61

~~~~~~~~~

Hey Lovelies,

Thank you for your response of  chapters in this sequence. This is the first chapter of double update for the evening. In the hurry of reading the next chapter, please don't forget to do the necessities. This usually happens whenever I give a double update and I noticed it in LR, BH, TS and even in AA. That's why I have been hesitating to give double update but for these two chapters I don't want to break the continuity, so giving it back to back.

Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~

Hridhay

Am I the reason for everything?

Veda has suffered a lot from our father's hand more than me. He is a leftie and to correct him, my father has harassed him a lot and along with him, my mother suffered too. When Veda and I started painting, cooking and gardening along with mom, it again irritated our father as he wanted an heir for his organisation which he built into an empire. But for us, our mother was our only solace and inspiration.

At least, I should have asked him to stop torturing Veda and assured him that I could be the heir he wants. I could have followed his footsteps and learnt cooking and gardening from my mother even after I proved my ability as my father's heir. But along with Veda, I was stubborn that I want to follow my passion. I have always competed with Veda.

On this very same day fourteen years ago, I participated in the maths quiz and won the prize but my father wasn't proud about it. He wanted Veda to win the quiz competition too and when he learnt that Veda participated in a drawing competition and won the prize, he humiliated him in front of every staff member of our house and our friends. Unable to handle the shame when he ran away, our father threatened to kill him.

I should have handled the situation by taking up the responsibility but I didn't. When he was brought home, mom made the toughest decision of her life. I should have accepted it but I begged her to keep me with her. I had a choice to meet her during weekends but I refused to meet her. I was angry at her for sending me away from her and I was angry at Veda by blaming him for something which he was never responsible for.

"Ellathukum naan thaan kaaranam." A sharp pain hit the back of my head and I held it, cursing out loud.

"Hridhay, enna aachu?" Darshana cupped my face and looked at me with concern.

"Ellathukum naan thaan karanam, Darshi. Nee sonna mari naan A-Hridhay thaan."

"Hey, naan athu etho kovathula unna verupu ethurathuku sonnen. Athu yen neenga rendu perum ithaiye solrenga. Avarum aniku ithe mari thaan sonnaru. Fourteen years munnadi inaiku nadantha incident la avaroda Idhayam avara vitutu poiduchu nu sonnaru. Ipo neeyum athe solra." Her shoulders dropped in discontent but I understood what he meant. He has mentioned me as his heart, unable to tell her openly.

What have I done to him? Even when he was talking about the darkest day of his life, I have pushed him to choose words carefully.

"Avaruku un mela avlo pasam iruku theriyum ah? Unakum iruku aana unnoda koovam un kanna maraikuthu." My eyes welled up but I controlled myself. "Avarum nallavaru neeyum nallavan thaan aana neeye unna kettavan nu nenachu unnai emathikura. Avarum avaroda appa kita kasta pattu irukaru, neeyum unnoda appa kita kasta pattu iruka. Aavaruku thaan enga avaroda appa mari marada porom nu bayam. Aana unaku, nee unnoda appa va mari marita nu nenapu. Aana neenga rendu perum ye unga appanga kedaiyathu. Future la neenga kandipa appadi iruka maatenga. And you are gonna be the best father any child could have. I felt that today in your speech." She cocked her head and smiled at me weakly.