Y/N's POV,

I was so exhausted with this life. Everything seems to be a blur, just like my future. I'm a senior high school student and I'm done with everything. I just want someone to take me away and stop this chaos.

I just didn't know how real that wish was going to be.

"Y/N can you please wash the dishes?" My mother asked me in a soft voice, which I melted into. My family is the only reason why I keep going with this dreadful life. And of course my fear of God.

I wouldn't want to end up in eternal damnation, because who wants that? I'd like to remind you dear reader to never ever think about taking your own life.

I hurriedly washed the dishes because I wanted to read my books and study for the exam tomorrow. My sister and brother were laughing in a carefree manner in the halls, and I sometimes wish I could be small and young again, so I can forget my teenager problems. Which may not seem to be much a problem to others, but it is such a heavy burden to me.

After placing the last dish into the drying rack I quickly raced upstairs to my books. I opened Mathematics and tried to understand everything on the page I was studying.

I was quite slow when it comes in numbers, but if I studied hard enough I am able to understand the concept.

After an hour of studying I fell asleep upon finishing my preparation for the next day.

...

I woke up in a flash and hurriedly ran downstairs, carrying my bag with me.

"Y/N! Please slow down!" My sister, who was trying to get back to sleep in the couch, moaned.

"Get up sleepy head. I know mum carried you all the way from your room so you can prepare for school. And yet you're still trying to sleep." I flicked her forehead.

She groaned and covered her face with a pillow. I laughed and hurried off to the bathroom to take a five-minute bath.

I dressed into my uniform and slipped on my shoes, grabbed a piece of toast and an orange before dashing out of the house, waving goodbye and a quick smile to my family.

I got into the bus and tapped my shoe impatiently, causing dirty looks from the other passengers. I stopped my foot from tapping in so much struggle as I was hoping not to be late, it was still the third day of school.

I hopped off the bus and ran inside the school gate, bumping into a random person on the way, I yelled a quick sorry and continued on running up the stairs, until I reached the fifth floor and was practically out of breath.

I slipped inside our room and apologized deeply to my teacher; Madam Vanessa, who was flicking her tongue, making a sound of disappointment.

I blushed in shame and sat down in my seat, waiting for the discussion to continue.

"Alright then, going back to our discussion-" She suddenly stopped midway and walked towards the door, the after a few minutes, seems to have a small chat with the person standing beyond it.

Everyone craned their necks to see who was outside and the others gasped, immediately putting their heads together in whispers.

"Silence!" Ma'am Vanessa said. She was walking towards the front of the class with the person walking close behind her.

"Class, this is Mr. Damien Huxley." She shakily waved her hand towards him.

Damien had dark hair and cold grey eyes with a strong built. He had the perfect jaw ever seen in a man and such a handsome face. He looked like every girl's dream.

I wasn't kidding. Every girl in our class was looking at him with such interest, and he stared back at everyone with the same cold expressionless face.

I wasn't paying much attention as I was trying to catch up with what I've missed earlier. I failed to notice as he took a seat three chairs behind me.

...

The class ended and I walked out to the next class, which was Research, and was staring at my book all the way.

I felt a lingering gaze on my back and looked over to see Damien Huxley looking at me.

I bit my lip and nodded quickly before looking away as we arrived at the next classroom.

I sat down and he sat right next to me. "Uhm, Mr. Huxley?" I tapped his shoulder. "Yeah, Y/N?" He replied with an amused expression in his face. I was shocked upon hearing my name cleanly from his mouth.

"This seat is already taken by uhm, someone else. He was here yesterday." I looked around to see where the boy who was sitting here yesterday was.

He was on one of the seats at the very back, and when he noticed me looking at him he immediately diverted his gaze elsewhere, seemingly avoiding my eyes.

"He won't be sitting here anymore." I snapped my eyes back to Damien as he stared deeply into my eyes.

I felt uncomfortable and chose to look away from him, back to Mr. Jackson who was discussing loudly about our topic.

I can still see Damien looking at me from the corner of my eye for the rest of the discussion, and I was extremely creeped out by this behavior. He seemed to be everywhere and I noticed he had four boys strolling behind along with him. They also looked attractive and his group caught plenty of attention, specially from girls.

I tried my best to keep away from them yet they seem to appear seemingly out of nowhere.

During lunch, I tried to look for a place to sit yet no one spared a glance at me nor did they make space for me to sit. I was walking around the cafeteria like a dumb person as no one took pity on me.

The only table who had an extra space for a person to sit was at Damien's table. He and his boys were staring at me expectantly, yet I refused to go there, noticing the smug look plastered on his face.

I sighed heavily and shook my head, walking out to the open field and spotted two girls sitting there. They waved at me. They were girls from my class. Dolores and Mina.

"Y/N!" They called out to me. "Hello." I said shyly. "Come sit." Mina said. I set my lunchbox down and smiled at them. "You guys haven't eaten yet?" I asked them.

"Oh we're done, we had lunch someplace else." Dolores waved her hand vaguely in a direction. I nodded and opened my lunchbox, blushing in embarrassment in revealing two hard-boiled eggs.

Dolores and Mina didn't seem to show any sign of pity or mocking, but they did smile and handed me a pack of french fries.

"You can have this. I wasn't able to eat it. I was too full." Mina patted her stomach to emphasize her words, and I thanked her.

We chatted for a bit until the bell rang and it was time for the next class.

I felt so much better when I was with Mina and Dolores. We became quite close friends.

The day ended very quickly, and for the first time I actually didn't want it to end. I had two nice friends and forgot about Damien completely.

But of course, he didn't forget me.