Chapter 9

In the far future in a faraway galaxy...

Mankind's technological advancement has brought them to reach new planets to colonize. New land, new opportunities, and new beginnings. However, it's a new age of the Wild West. Provinces or even entire planets are lawless countries full of criminals, bandits, and outlaws. Rival gangs with warlords fight violently over land, resources, and control.

Due to understaffing of law enforcement and the army, the value of bounties on outlaws is worth a fortune. Few bounty hunters live a long career. One bounty hunter sparks absolute fear into the hearts of all outlaws, and only a small handful have lived to see him.

He is called "The White Death" or "The Space Ghost." Some say he is called that because he is so fast, you see a white flash before he kills you. Others say they call him that due to his natural snow-white hair, even though he is young.

Halo City was a mix of Seattle and Philadelphia with new features, including buildings with 3D advertisements. However, it had more crime than anyone could shake a stick. The city glowed brightly with all its lights against the night. The streets were crowded for Halloween month, even in the cold air. On the west side, near the more abandoned part of town, hired guns patrolled the streets and rooftops to safeguard the mob boss inside.

"Holy crap, it's cold out here!" one guard shivered.

"Quit bitching and keep your eyes open," another guard said.

"What's the matter? You scared?"

"Of course, I'm fucking scared. The White Death is out there somewhere."

The guard laughed it off as he walked toward the railing, "Come on, you don't really believe all that, do you?"

No answer.

"Hey! I asked you a question—"

When he turned around, the other guard was gone.

"Hey, where did you—"

Before he could finish that sentence, a man snuck up behind, snapped his neck like a twig, and threw him so hard and so fast he flew down twenty blocks down the street and crashed into an old billboard. His body splattered as it got crushed and slowly slid down, leaving an absolute bloody mess. The man with superhuman strength was a tall and very strong man built like Shazam. He wore black military pants and boots, a grey T-shirt, and a dark grey trench coat with a black hoodie that covered his snow-white hair. He had a cloth mask to hide his face and beard, along with some electric goggles with night vision, infrared, x-ray, etc. His forearms had metal gauntlets that had all sorts of weapons and gadgets. One of them was projecting a hologram map showing all the guards and their locations.

The White Death quietly flew with lightning speed killing other guards on the roof. Then he placed bombs on the vehicles in the streets before making his way to the front door, where there were five big rent-a-thugs with guns. He marched to them, and they saw him coming.

"Hey, asshole! This place is private property. Now get lost!" one of them ordered.

The White Death kept marching.

"You deaf?! Get lost before I fuck up your—"

The White Death grabbed his arm with one hand and threw him overhead, slamming him hard into the pavement and then into the wall, breaking nearly every bone in his body, with his head and whole torso bloody. The others freaked out and reached for their guns. The White Death raised his hands, making them glow bright blue before shooting lightning beams out his palms. They zapped at two thugs making flew away with big burnt holes in their torsos. You could see pieces of the bones of their ribs sticking out of their flesh. The last two pulled out their guns, but the White Death raised his right hand, making it glow white and grey. Then like a magnet, their guns were forced out of their hands and hovered over his hand. The White Death grabbed one of their guns and shot them both in the head.