Chapter 11

The alligator wrestling event was quite the site. There was more than one arena, tons of people with trucks cooking barbeques, and lots of cages full of gators of different sizes, both small and big. Some of the people were professional alligator wrestlers. Some were big and buff, while others had more of a brick-wall type of body. Basically, people that you would not want to get into a fight with unless you're 15 to 20 feet long, weighing half a ton, with razor-sharp teeth.

Lana was excited and eager for action. Some other kids around her age were also competing as well. Lana knew some of them as they chatted.

Lincoln was scanning everything, all the cages where the gators were locked up, all the arenas, and looking everywhere for a weapon – an axe, a sledgehammer, a crowbar, or even a gun. He saw a few trucks with digging tools in the pickup bed. Maybe something in there.

"Lincoln!" Lana called.

Lincoln turned to her, "Huh?"

"My match is gonna start soon. Get ready to watch. Also, Dad went to get us some hot dogs," Lana said.

Lincoln nodded, "Okay."

As they waited, Lincoln took this moment to send a group text to Stella, Clyde, and Ronnie Anne.

LINCOLN: I'm at an alligator wrestling match with Lana. Not good.

After a few seconds, Stella replied first and then Clyde.

STELLA: What do you mean?

CLYDE: What's going on, Lincoln?

LINCOLN: I saw a future vision. Something terrible is going to happen.

Then Ronnie Anne joined in.

RONNIE ANNE: Oh no. What happens, or what is going to happen?

LINCOLN: I saw visions where the gators broke loose.

CLYDE: Are you serious?!

STELLA: What are you going to do?

LINCOLN: I'm gonna try to narrow down what is the cause. I'll keep you updated. If you don't hear back from me or if I text '911,' call the cops.

RONNIE ANNE: Got it

CLYDE: Sure thing, buddy.

STELLA: Keep us posted, and stay safe. You hear me?

Lincoln sent a thumbs-up emoji before putting away his phone. Lynn Sr. returned with some good hot dogs. The cookout smell helped rebel against the horrid stench of the gators. Lincoln and his father watched as Lana went up against small gators, ones that a kid like her could handle. She did a few tricks here and there before lifting the beast and pinning it down. Of course, Lana didn't have a problem getting down and dirty in the dirt and mud. The other kids in her age group performed just as well. Lincoln pretended that he needed to pee, so he went to where the port-a-johns were, but he went to the cars in the parking lot. He bent down between some SUVs to be out of sight, then he closed his eyes and concentrated.

He focused his future vision on just today to focus on the upcoming events. He saw Lana smiling triumphantly as she was winning. Then he saw cages breaking and three big bull gators running free. They're pretty fast on land. Most of the people were focusing on two gators that were attacking the cage handlers. They had their jaws locked on their legs, and everyone was doing what they could to prevent them from doing barrel rolls, or those legs would snap off like twigs.

Then he saw the third gator as it snuck around the tents and reached Lana. Lana was shocked and terrified as it charged at her. However, Lincoln saw a strand of light and followed it to another version of the possible future. He saw himself charging at the gator with a pickaxe, and then he saw the gator dead. Lincoln opened his eyes and knew what he had to do. He took several deep breaths to calm himself.