Chapter 14

Lynn sat on the couch thinking as everyone else was watching Dream Boat.

"Say, guys, I've been thinking and noticed something," Lynn stated.

"Noticed what?" Luan asked.

"In both times where one of us took Lincoln to do something with us, something bad happened. Leni took Lincoln to the mall, and she almost got run over by a truck, and she's been to the mall more times than anyone can count. Does it seem strange that when she brought Lincoln, that just suddenly happened? And Lana, when she brought to her alligator wrestling match, and that bull gator broke out," Lynn explained.

Everyone looked at her confused, with raised eyebrows.

"What are you saying?" Luna questioned.

"I don't know. It just seems suspicious that these happened when Lincoln came along," Lynn said.

Lori squinted her eyes as she gave Lynn a look.

Lynn caught her gaze, "What?"

"What are you insinuating? That those bad things that happened are Lincoln's fault?" Lori questioned.

This got everyone's attention as they turned to Lynn wide-eyed.

"I'm not saying that," Lynn said.

"Then what are you saying, Lynn?!" Lori asked seriously while raising her voice.

"I just think it's not mere coincidence that those things happened suddenly," Lynn said.

"Lincoln didn't have anything to do with those things. He didn't make that truck go out of control and almost run someone over. He didn't let those gators loose. Just because he was there doesn't mean he had something to do with it," Lori stated firmly.

Lynn looked away while thinking. Then her eyes widened with realization.

"What if he did?" Lynn asked.

Everyone spoke almost simultaneously, "What?"

"What if Lincoln's bad luck?" Lynn asked.

Lori closed her eyes while rubbing the bridge of her nose. Luna crossed her arms while giving Lynn a dirty look, as did Lola, Lana, and Lucy.

"That. Is. The stupidest thing I've ever heard," Lola said.

"Lincoln's not bad luck, dude. There's no such thing as luck," Luna stated.

"Shh! Don't jinx us by saying that!" Lynn hushed.

"Lynn! Stop it! You know this, dumb. Bad luck had nothing to do with what happened," Luan said.

"In fact, even if it were real, it'd be the opposite. Leni and Lana are lucky to be alive because of Lincoln," Lucy said.

Lynn shrugged, "I'm just saying. It wasn't a coincidence what happened."

Lori sighed heavily before inhaling, "I'm going to pretend that you didn't say any of that. In fact, all of us will pretend we didn't hear that sort of talk, that you didn't accuse your brother of being bad luck, and you will come back to reality and look more to the facts of things and not superstition."

Lynn started, "But Lori—"

"But nothing! Also, from now on, that sort of talk is not allowed in this house or anywhere for that matter. Lincoln is not bad luck," Lori stated firmly.