Chapter 10

**Future Lincoln**

Lincoln collected everything he was going to need for his time travel. It was a long trip backward in time after spending so much time traveling forward.

"So, explain to me again what your plan is?" Sonya asked.

"Now that I got more power crystals, I can travel backward in time to the past. Before, I could only travel forward. The last time I tried to travel reverse in time, it almost killed me," Lincoln explained.

"And these power crystals are the same as the one that got you your future vision powers in the first place, right?" Eddy asked.

Lincoln nodded and explained, "Yes. I was with my best friend, Clyde. We were collecting gems at a gem mine at this river in the mountains. Clyde and his dads were going on vacation, and he invited me to go with him, so I did. I found a small cave by the creek, and there was this glowing crystal. When I picked it up, it stopped glowing. At the time, I thought it was glowing because of the flashlight, but that wasn't the case. It turns out these power crystals come from a faraway moon. Its planet exploded and sent the power crystals throughout space, and a few landed on Earth."

"And when you picked up that power crystal, you absorbed its energy, right?" Sonya asked.

"Yes. The power crystals have all sorts of different powers and can evolve with their host to create new powers, such as seeing the future and traveling to it. I've spent years traveling through time and space collecting power crystals to evolve my power to travel backward in time. However, in doing so, I've absorbed other powers, as you can tell, but now I finally got it, and I can at long last travel backward in time."

"Yeah, but why? I mean, you got it made here. Your hideout is a fortress. You have gunships, shitloads of money and gold, powers that make you invincible, and a reputation where you are feared throughout the galaxy. Why travel backward in time to change all this?" Sonya asked.

Lincoln looked at her and Eddy. He sighed while rubbing his eyes and the bridge of his nose. He clenched his fists and made his muscular arms flex revealing rock-hard muscles.

"Because . . . because I want my family back," Lincoln answered.

"The same family that was horrible to you?" Eddy asked.

"Yes! The same fucking family that was horrible to me! Look . . . I know how to fix this. I know how to change everything and undo what happened. If I do this right, my past self will see that deep down inside, my family actually does care about me. I just have to get them to bring it out. If my past self sees it, sees that love, my past self will go down a different path, and he won't end up like me. A ruthless killer with only two friends in the whole universe," Lincoln explained.

Sonya and Eddy looked at each other.

"We're your only friends?" Sonya asked.

"That's right. This hideout, the money, the mountains of dead bounties in a galaxy that fears me is all I have . . . and it's fucking miserable. I'd give all this up for one day to be happy with my family," Lincoln said.

Sonya and Eddy sighed.

"Okay, then take this then," Sonya handed him a device that looked like the neuralyzer from Men in Black.

"What's this?" Lincoln asked, looking at it.

"It's a memory sweeper. You can erase people's memories if they see something. So you don't have to kill anyone that has you compromised," Sonya answered.

"Thanks."

"And here. Take my green pipe. The white leaves will make your lungs feel better. I heard you coughing last night," Eddy said, handing him his fancy green pipe.