Chapter 27

**Lynn's Nightmare (Part 1 of 3)**

Lynn found herself in her bedroom but noticed that Lucy was not in her bed. She went to the hallway and called out to her and the other sisters in the house, only to find no one in their beds. She was all alone. Her heart rate increased, and her senses dialed up as she took several deep breaths to stay calm.

Then, a bright light appeared behind her, along with a shadow of a man. When Lynn turned around, she saw that it was a man – her first coach, Jim. Coach Jim stood in his track pants and a t-shirt with his whistle around his neck.

"Coach Jim?" Lynn spoke.

"No, I'm the Ghost of the Past, but you can call me Jim if you wish," answered Jim.

"The past? Like the Ghost of Christmas Past?"

"Sort of, but your past and not just centered around Christmas past. I'm here to show you your past."

Lynn squinted her eyes with a raised eyebrow.

"My past? Why?" Lynn questioned.

"Because . . . you have forgotten Lynn. You have forgotten what should be remembered. Some are things you wish you had forgotten, but now it's time. It's time to remember," Jim said.

Then the downstairs lit up, and Lynn heard voices, familiar voices. She glanced at Coach Jim with a confused look, but he nodded for her to see for herself. She cautiously went down the stairs and saw her family, but not all of them. She saw her older sisters, but they were all young, younger than the present. Lynn even spotted herself. She had nearly forgotten what her sisters and herself looked like when they were little. However, they were all centered around Rita and Lynn Sr. As the young athlete got closer, she saw something that melted her heart – her brother Lincoln when he was a baby. She softly gasped with a warm smile.

"You remember this day?" Jim asked.

Lynn nodded, "Yes . . . it was the day Mom and Dad brought Lincoln home . . . our first and only brother."

"You felt something that day, didn't you?"

"I did. I felt love. I loved my sisters all the same, but . . . I don't know. There was something special about loving Lincoln. We all felt it. I don't know if it was because he was a boy or our younger brother, but we adored him."

"You did."

Lynn watched as Lori and Leni put makeup on little baby Lincoln, Leni trying to teach him how to do the rock hand sign resulting only in Lincoln poking her nose, Luan using him as a puppet, and her past self playing with him and making him laugh. Lynn grew a warm smile seeing all the love she and her older sisters showed as they adored Lincoln.

"At least, for a while, you did," Jim said, "Then more and more babies came home."

Lynn saw her parents bring home Lucy, the twins, Lisa, and finally Lily. She saw how Lincoln was forced to move out of her room and into the closet once Lucy came into the family. Her smile vanished when she remembered how bummed out that day was. Lincoln was actually a little scared to have his own room – he was just a toddler at the time. A thunderstorm came one night, and Lincoln was so scared out of his little mind he couldn't sleep.

"Oh my god, that's right! Lincoln's first night alone was the worst – that stupid thunderstorm. I knew; I just knew he would get scared. So, I snuck out of my room and into Lincoln's bed to keep him company," Lynn explained.

"For a while after that, you two were inseparable," Jim said.

Lynn saw as Lincoln grew up, and they grew closer. They played a lot and made each other laugh, and Lincoln was supportive of his athletic sister in her pursuit of sports. There were dozens of visions showing happy memories. Seeing them all melted Lynn's heart and filled her with nostalgia.