Chapter 17

News of the failed shootout quickly spread throughout Michigan, even to the Loud House. Everyone was shocked but also relieved that such a terrible event did not come to surface. Lynn had a puzzled look.

'It didn't happen, but it almost did. Would it have happened if Lincoln had been there? Luna could have died if the shooters got there. He saved Leni and Lana. Did he save Luna too? Was he the anonymous caller? How would he know what to tell them?' Lynn thought.

Lynn looked over at all her sisters as they greeted Luna warmly and knew to keep her mouth shut for now.

"Oh man, that concert was lit! Sam and I had so much fun," Luna said as she entered inside.

The sisters all hugged her.

"Thank goodness you're okay," Lori breathed.

"What's going on, dudes? Did something happen?" Luna asked.

"Yeah, the police caught guys that were planning on shooting the Mick Swagger concert," Luan pointed.

Luna's eyes widened as she approached the TV and listened to the newscaster explain everything. Luna shivered and had goosebumps crawl all over her body.

"Holy cow. Those guys had that many guns? They were really going to kill everyone there," Luna spoke.

"Yeah, it's unbelievable. These past weeks are really getting to me," Lori said.

"They don't know who the caller is?" Leni asked.

"Negative. The caller wished to remain anonymous," Lisa answered.

Luna scratched her head while thinking.

"Why do I get a feeling it might be Lincoln?" Luna asked.

Everyone turned to her wide-eyed.

"Lincoln? How and why would Lincoln be the caller, Luna?" Lori questioned.

"And how would our brotherly sibling unit give the police the information needed to reprehend the culprits?" Lisa added.

"Yeah, it totes doesn't make any sense," Leni said.

Luna turned to the others, "I don't know, dudes. It's just a feeling. Lincoln saved Leni and Lana. So, if it was Lincoln, somehow . . . I don't know. If Lincoln knew somehow, he would call the police to save everyone and me. He wouldn't do nothing."

"That still doesn't explain how he would know," Lynn said.

"Look, I don't know, dudes. All I'm telling you is what my gut is telling me. I'm not saying it's true. I'm just being straight with you guys," Luna explained.

"Normally, I'd say you're nuts, but if Lincoln did know, that sounds like something he would do," Lana said.

"Yeah, he would, but that mean doesn't the caller is him. Speaking of Lincoln, where is he?" Lola asked.

Lori's phone binged. She checked it to see it was a text from Lucy.

"Lucy texted me. She and Lincoln are on their way here. They're almost home," Lori stated.
Meanwhile
Lincoln and Lucy got off the bus and walked the remaining distance home.

"This must be very stressful for you, Lincoln. Knowing what's going to happen," Lucy spoke.

Lincoln scoffed, "You have no idea."