Chapter 26

**Luan's Nightmare**

Lincoln stepped on the thread, releasing the boot to kick him from behind. The white-haired boy slid on the grease and plowed in the frig, causing a heavy box to fall on his head. As he struggled to get on his feet, he ended up opening the frig, thus releasing the spring-loaded boxing glove to punch him. Lincoln flew screaming right into the oven, causing his football helmet to shatter.

"Ow," Lincoln ached in pain with a black eye.

However, it didn't end there. A group, or gaze, of wild raccoons, emerged from the oven and attacked Lincoln. A dust cloud appeared as they were all over him, biting and scratching him.

Luan popped from the doorway, "I made that dish from scratch! Ha ha ha!"

Lincoln continued to set off all the pranks while getting a beating as well from it all. Clyde arrived to set off all the pranks in Lori's room. When it was over, Lincoln had two black eyes, pieces of pie and green gunk on his head, no eyebrows, his foot stuck in a bucket, and his shirt torn. Clyde's head was mainly shaven off, his shirt torn, and pieces of white cotton stuck to his head. Both boys were aching in pain. By the time Ronnie Anne arrived, only one person was laughing, and it was Luan.

"I won! You thought you'd outsmart me, but you got the worst pranking ever!" Luan stated confidently.

"I only set off those pranks because Ronnie Anne was coming over," Lincoln replied.

"Who do you think invented her over genius? I knew I had to lure you out of your room, so I called Ronnie Anne and told her how much you love April Fool's Day, and here she is to deliver the final blow!" Luan explained.

Lincoln turned around to see Ronnie Anne holding a cream-filled pie. Lincoln closed his eyes, expecting it to be thrown at his face, but instead, Ronnie Anne dropped it on the floor. Lincoln opened his eyes to see she had a serious look on her face as she glared at his prankster sister. Before anyone said anything, Ronnie marched over to Luan and delivered a hard punch to the face, causing her to fall to the floor. Luan was speechless as her hand hovered over her cheek where Ronnie Anne punched her. She looked up to see her standing before Lincoln with her fists clenched.

"You think this is funny? Huh? You're really getting a laugh out of this?" Ronnie Anne questioned.

Luan tried to speak, "Wha?"

"Look at your brother! Do you see him laughing?!"

Luan looked at him and his current state. Lincoln was giving her a fierce glare as well.

"These pranks weren't funny! They hurt! All those pranks really hurt! Do you ever notice Luan that during your pranks, no one is laughing but you?! Even with an audience, no one is laughing!" Lincoln shouted.

Suddenly, the house's walls came down, and Luan found herself surrounded by an audience. Even though they were under a shade of darkness and she was under a lone light, she could see all the disappointing looks on their faces. Some of them were shaking their heads, while others had disgusted expressions.

Then Mr. Coconuts approached her from the audience, "Now that's not funny."

Luan was shaking, and her heart rate quickened, "Mr. Coconuts?"

Before she could say anything more, light orbs appeared and showed images of her, Lincoln, and her family.

"You know what, Luan? I can't work with you. I can't even crack a joke with you anymore. You abandoned and neglected your own brother," Mr. Coconuts said as the light orbs showed Lincoln outside the house, begging to be back in.