Chapter 16

Future Lincoln slept soundly in the hotel he was staying at until a sudden force sense awakened him. He groaned and adjusted up in the bed and saw his hand glowing. He raised an eyebrow and summoned a light orb, and saw Present Lincoln talking to Lucy. His eyes widened as he heard their conversation.

"Shit! You told Lucy? I didn't see this coming," Future Lincoln said out loud.

He tapped his finger on his knee, thinking. Then he used his future visions to see the outcome of this.

"Hmm, okay. This can work. My plan can still work," Future Lincoln said.

However, Lincoln saw something coming very shortly. Assassins from the future were traveling back in time to get him. Future Lincoln rolled his eyes and groaned a growl as he got dressed. Then he teleported to the area where the assassins would appear outside of Royal Woods. Future Lincoln stretched his body, cracked his knuckles and neck–both audible.

Then a portal opened up, and ten people walked through. Five men and five women. All of them were armed with advanced weapons and gear. Once the portal closed, Future Lincoln snuck up behind one of them, grabbed him, and slammed him into the ground before throwing him into a faraway boulder. The boulder shattered, and the assassin was dead. The others didn't expect that at all as they stumbled and aimed their laser guns at him.

Then their leader smiled and chuckled. He still had the burn scars that Future Lincoln gave him on their last encounter.

"Well, well, well . . . if it isn't the White Death, the Space Ghost."

Lincoln shot him a glare, "Brian."

"It took a while to find you . . . but I always find my target," Brian said confidently, "Now, drop your goddamn weapons . . . or we're gonna kill you."

"You know, Brian, you're not the first to say that, and you probably won't be the last," Future Lincoln said.

With a wave of his hands, the White Death shot big energy beams out of his hands and killed two assassins – they both had big burning holes in their chests. Then he popped a smoke bomb and blinded everyone. Future Lincoln dashed around killing assassins, grabbing and lifting them up before smashing their heads into the ground. He stabbed one assassin in the chest and used his laser gun to kill others. When it was over, they were all dead – except Brian.

Future Lincoln saw him running, so he teleported in front of him. He gasped a squeal.

"Nowhere to run, Brian," Future Lincoln said.

He fell on his back but then hit a button on his wrist. It beeped several times while blinking. Then Brian started laughing.

Future Lincoln grabbed him by the collar, "What was that? What'd you do?!"

"You can kill me, but more will come!" Brian answered.

He looked up and saw more portals opening up with more assassins entering through. Brian laughed again, but Future Lincoln ripped him in half like Kratos in God of War. Blood and some of his organs fell all over the place. To make sure he was dead, Future Lincoln stomped on his skull, smashing it. Two giant robot bounty hunters tried to attack, but Lincoln dodged their attacks. He threw a left punch in the gut so hard that he flew and crashed into a boulder. Then Future Lincoln grabbed the other one, slammed him into the ground, and spun and threw him so hard and fast that he busted through three boulders before being driven into the ground.

"Looks like I'm gonna be busy," Future Lincoln said as his hands glowed a bright light.

Meanwhile