Chapter 31

Lisa readied the machine and placed a few devices on Lincoln's temple and a few on his chest. Once the machine and her computer were connected, the screens lit up with numbers, scales, and a 3D display of Lincoln's brain with different colors while showing ripples of light of the brain's synapses. Some sisters sat around and watched while others stood up and paced through the room. Luan was keeping watching through the door's window.

"All right, everything's functioning properly. Now, Lincoln, if memory serves, you said summoning a vision orb or light orb that's already unlocked is easy, right?"

Lincoln nodded.

"It's unlocking new visions of the future during the day is what's hard, correct?" Lisa questioned.

Lincoln nodded again, "Yeah, that's what hurts my head."

"Okay," Lisa wrote that down, "Let's try summoning a light orb that's already unlocked."

Lincoln glanced at the others, and they gave reassuring nods. He summoned one of the light orbs of a vision that was unlocked. Even though the girls had all seen it before, it was still impressive. The light orbs shined fairly bright and made ever the slightest humming sound.

Lisa squinted her eyes at the screen as the brain showed different waves of color and barely any change in the levels and scales.

"Interesting," Lisa noted, "Okay, now let's try unlocking a future vision. You don't have to unlock it completely. I just need to see what goes on in your head when this happens and why it causes you pain."

Lincoln gulped and looked back at his sisters. Lynn, who sat right next to him, held his hand tight.

"We're right here, Lincoln. Right here with you," Lynn assured.

"We're not going anyway," Luna promised.

Lincoln inhaled deeply while holding out his free hand. He closed his eyes and concentrated. He tried to unlock the changed vision of his sisters defending him from his parents. As predicted, only the image hovered before them, followed by a sharp and pounding pain in Lincoln's head. Lisa's machine started beeping and flashed red. The scales and levels skyrocketed, and Lincoln's brain showed all red.

Lincoln groaned and let out soft cries of pain. He had to stop as he held his head. The sisters all gave worried looks. Lori put an ice pack on her brother's head while Lynn massaged the sides of his head as he laid back down.

"I think I see the problem. For some reason, your brain is working too hard to push so much energy into your future vision powers. With a few modifications, I can level the synapsis's brain levels. That way, you can use your powers without stressing your brain," Lisa explained.

"Great," Lincoln said, rubbing his head, keeping his eyes closed.

"But first, let's do something about that pain," Lisa said, pulling out the syringe.

Lynn immediately wrapped her arms around Lincoln and held him close as Lisa approached Lincoln with the needle – even Lincoln looked a little nervous.

Lori stopped her, "Whoa, whoa, whoa. What's in this syringe specifically?"

"You would not know nor pronounce the primary ingredients and elements that are within this. However, rest assured, there are no negative side effects to worry about," Lisa said.

"Are you sure? Because some of your experiments have done some totes damage in the past," Leni stated.

"If there were any negative side effects, I would not give this to our brotherly sibling unit. Besides, he's in a hospital. If something goes wrong, help will come within less than a minute," Lisa promised.