8|Bracelet

AFTER MY STUPID, stupid cock got the best of me, I've been sitting in my room staring at the ceiling, and the more I think about it, the more I realize that, the longer I sit here, the worse it will get

I'm not sure why I thought Emery had wanted us to go further today. I misread the situation before we left for the remainder of our classes when she just had to piss me off about paying for a goddamn bedroom. What I thought was years of pent-up tension and frustration must have been my own lust and desires speaking.

Did I take advantage of her? I've been trying to play that moment back again and again, but she never gave me a sign she didn't want it. She never told me to stop; I would have listened in a heartbeat if she had.

Thankfully, after she stormed back out the door, I haven't seen her since. We both went our separate ways and went to the rest of our classes and then she had to work, so I had the entirety of my day to think about what an idiot I was.

What would Liam think? God, if he knew I had tried to make a move on Emery, he would kill me.

She's right. For Liam, we have to pretend whatever happened between us on that couch never existed. No matter how much my cock may not want to.

But we can't live in awkwardness. I'm not going to walk around on eggshells and not talk about it. Ignoring things and keeping my feelings to myself has always been what I'm best at, but I can't do that when I'm sharing my home with another person, regardless if that person just so happens to be someone who hates my guts.

Emery got home about an hour ago. I waited patiently in my room as she cooked her dinner. Then when she came upstairs, I heard the shower running, and finally, when the door closed to her bedroom, I gave it a few more minutes until I walked across the hall, let out a breath of tension, and knocked on the door.

"Come in," she says.

When I step into the room, she's sitting on the bed with her laptop and textbooks sprawled out in front of her, reminding me that we have a homework assignment due tomorrow for digital design that I still need to do.

Her hair falls in wet waves down her back with those same damn pajama pants and fuzzy socks she wore the night she watched me play Call of Duty. It makes me assume she doesn't have many clothes. She only brought two duffel bags, so there was only so much she could fit in them. It bothers the hell out of me that my mind instantly strays to how I can fix it.

Her eyes tear away from the screen to look at me, a faint blush creeping onto her cheeks. "Yes?"

I sigh and run a hand through my brown, unruly curls. "Look, what happened earlier..."

"It's fine," she quips. "Seriously. I'd rather not talk about it, okay?"

"But we can't just ignore it, either, Emery."