39|Complete

Liam is here

Liam is here.

In the Maldives.

What.

The.

Fuck.

Letting the water cascade down my skin,  I can't bring myself to wash my hair or do anything other than stand here, utterly in shock.  Liam and Everett's voices filter in from beneath the door, but they aren't clear enough to hear over the pounding of the shower. 

What the hell are they saying?

This is all wrong. I was supposed to call Liam and make a plan for us to meet somewhere so I could break the news to him gently about dating his best friend. He was never supposed to show up right outside the door after we just got done fucking.

And that sex? God, that sex.

I inhale deeply, shaking my head to try to clear the images of Everett's dick, but it seems to linger on them, the space between my legs beginning to pulsate from the already created soreness.

How are we supposed to tell him now? He seemed so happy to see us. It's been forever since I've seen his dimpled grin—the one that always made me feel comforted no matter what mood I was in.

Now, that smile brought a wave of guilt washing over my body, filtering out any reminisce of happy memories between us. I should be happy to see Liam, but I'm dreading his presence instead. I haven't had the chance to speak with Everett about this yet.

What is he feeling?

Will he change his mind about us?

Before my anxiety eats me alive, Everett finally knocks on the door. "He's gone," he says.

I lean out of the clear shower to unlock the door so he can step inside. He's still shirtless, but he must have taken his shorts back off because all he's in is a pair of briefs that barely cling onto his hips. Curls are tumbling onto his forehead, and again, that guilt creeps back. Not because I'm feeling bad for not telling Liam, but because I don't want to tell him. The only thing I'm craving to do is run my fingers through Everett's section of curls.

We stand in silence, unsure of what to say, and I would be the first to speak up, except I can't determine what he's thinking. His expression remains impassive, void of any emotion, but his eyes roam over my body, seeming to track each and every droplet of water as they cascade down my skin.

His lips are swollen from either our kiss or my teeth biting on them during sex. Whatever the case, he's fine as hell, and I hate that I'm resenting Liam for showing up right when he did because it's not his fault, but damn. He really put a damper on the mood.

"Look..." Everett starts, leaning against the sink. That tone of his voice doesn't sound good. It's not reassuring whatsoever. It sounds like he's about to give me the it's not you, it's me speech. Tears are already pricking the backs of my eyes, but I refuse to let them fall. I should have seen this coming. Liam is his closest friend. "I understand Liam being here probably confuses you, and I don't want to add to your stress. If you need space..." He sighs like it's the last thing he wants to admit. "Or if you'd rather stay with him, you can. I won't stand in your way."