46|Forever

As expected, nobody noticed our disappearance from the reception

As expected, nobody noticed our disappearance from the reception. Everyone was tipsy anyway, so sneaking away was relatively easy. Even if they had a problem with us leaving, they would have taken one look at me and backed off because right now? Emery is the only damn thing on my mind.

"This fucking suit," she pants heavily as I kick the door shut to our hut behind us. We can't seem to find the room to breathe correctly, too desperate in our kisses to pull apart as she fumbles with my tie, hastily trying to undo it.

We stop by the entryway, continuing our makeout session. I run my hands through her hair, wanting to keep this tender and intimate between us now that our feelings have finally been placed on the table, but the love we share has never been that way. It's passionate. Fierce. An undeniable attraction I want to drown in for the rest of my life.

My nails scrape gently down her back, hard enough to give pleasure but without leaving a mark. The dress she's wearing is tantalizing to the point I can't wait another second without seeing it on the floor, so I spin her around, her back to my chest, and rip the zipper down. I don't care if it breaks.

Emery is officially mine. I don't have the proper words to express how light I feel. The situation with my father is being handled, Liam is gay and completely fine with us being together, and now I'm just...happy. For the first time in my life, I'm undeniably happy, and the rush of feelings that brings to the surface is powerful. I swallow down the ball of emotion when the navy fabric drops to the floor, revealing the silhouette of Emery's body—a shape I'm feeling blessed to explore for as long as I live.

"What?" Emery pants, turning around when I can do nothing but admire her. Only a tiny black thong separates me from what I almost let go of. What I almost walked away from.

"I'm not the best at explaining my feelings," I start, remembering her spilling her guts to me a mere ten minutes ago. "I've never been good at it, but I'm trying for you. For us. I'm going to get better at it, but while I'm working on properly forming my emotions into words..." I sink to my knees before her. "I'll start by worshipping you, Em. I'll start by showing you how sorry I am for walking away. How in love with you I am."

Glancing up at her face, I marvel at the tiny gasp she elicits when I hook her leg over my shoulder. Her cheeks are rosy, lips parted, as she says, "I...I think that's a good way to start."

My hand glides up the outside of the thigh draped over my shoulder, raising the tiny hairs and goosebumps along her skin. My erection is painfully tight in my suit pants, so while I kiss the inside of her knee, I use my free hand to undo my belt, ripping it from the loops and flinging it to the floor.

"I...I seriously don't think you understand how attractive you are," she whimpers. I smirk in response, laughing when she looks at the ceiling rather than me. "I'm going to come too quickly seeing you on your knees for me."