35|Railed

As a woman who has never traveled virtually anywhere before, I feel as if I can cross off every possible flying bucket list someone might have

As a woman who has never traveled virtually anywhere before, I feel as if I can cross off every possible flying bucket list someone might have. Not only was my first plane ride on a private jet, but then we had to switch over to a seaplane. I remained clueless at the time (I should have pieced two and two together), but when we landed in the water? Smack dab in the Indian Ocean where the water was quite possibly the bluest I've ever seen? It's something you see in movies, not experience in real life.

But I'm here, and this isn't a dream. The salty water hits my skin from the wafting of the waves, and the humidity already has my hair frizzing up, but I couldn't care less about that. Not when I'm in paradise.

One of the staff members helps Everett and his family off the plane and onto a secured dock. When the man with tan skin and dark hair extends a hand out to help me off, Everett pushes beside him, grabbing my hand instead. "I've got her," he mutters bitterly to the poor man trying to help.

The man clears his throat and scurries off to help with the luggage. It's a simple gesture, but one that makes me realize Everett's family's wealth. It's always been slightly daunting when I don't come from money, but that could be me helping lift luggage out of planes. Even though I'm here as one of their guests, I'll never forget who I am. Maybe that's why I take my suitcase from the man who is still uneasy from the brooding man beside me.

Everett looks at the suitcase in my hand, and for a moment, I can tell he wants to say something, but then his eyes soften with understanding, and he takes the handle himself. "I'll bring it inside," he says, jerking his head down the dock.

My mouth suddenly goes dry when I stare at the endless huts sitting atop the water, all interconnected by the same type of docks and bridges. These aren't just any old huts. Each one has its own private pool with hammocks idling above the turquoise waters, and it's mine to stay in for an entire week.

Snapping me out of my daydream, Izzy throws an arm around each of our shoulders and says, "You guys have a hut all to yourselves. Hope that's okay."

I'm expecting Everett to have a snarky remark, but instead, he flashes her a grin and replies, "Perfect. For your sake, I hope you're not in the hut next to ours."

"Never," she purrs. "We have the honeymoon suite, which is far, far away from anyone to be within earshot. It is our wedding, after all."

I laugh. "Well, we're glad for that."

"Oh my god, finally. I've been waiting for you to join in on teasing us. Welcome to the family, Emery." My cheeks flush, but I'm unsure if it's from the humidity or her comment. "Dinner is at seven, by the way. We're dining on the mainland. See you then!" She releases us from her grasp and waves excitedly over her shoulder before jumping into Mason's arms, her long sundress blowing in the breeze behind her.

"We have enough time to get unpacked, then." Everett lowers his lips to my ear and adds, "Maybe a quickie, too?"

I swat him with my hand and allow him to lead the way to our hut. It's not that I don't plan on fucking him as much as I can while we're here, but what would the fun be in it if I don't get to tease him first?