Prologue - Part 3: Clinging to the Past

(There will be some spoilers regarding about Persona 5 Royal. And because the chapter that I make is longer than the previous ones, I decided to split it into two parts. One for part 3 and the other for part 4.)

It been 4 weeks since Ren's and Ai's first meet. Both have exchanged their contact information as well as messaging each other quite frequently. Of course, Ren wants Ai to not call him "Renren-chan" in public as it causes an embarrassment to him. At first, Ai refuses since she thinks it's cute to call him his nickname but she slowly understands as she starts to call him "Ren-chan" instead in which Ren is fine with that. Although that doesn't stop her from calling him "Renren-chan".

4th June 20XX (Saturday)

Ai arrives at the hospital as she requesting for another medical check up. Ichigo follows along as well in order to guide Ai to the Obstetrics and Gynecology room. As they walking through the hallway, Ichigo suddenly realizes he forgot something important.

Ichigo: "Ah! I left the documents for the appointment in the car! Ai, you go on ahead while I go and fetch them. And be careful when you walk, ok?" Ai nodded in response as Ichigo went back to his car to get his documents.

As Ai walking through the hallway, she finally reaches the Obstetrics and Gynecology room. She spotted Morgana who is standing next to their door hearing their conversation with his cat ears.

Ai: "Isn't that the cat who always follows Ren-chan around? Uhm... What was his name again?" Ai uses her head thinking about her conversation with Ren. She suddenly remembers.

Ai: "Ah, right! It's Morgana. I finally got it right! *giggles*" she giggled at herself.

Ai walked towards Morgana as she tries to pick him up. Morgana yelped when he picked up by Ai.

Morgana: "Wha!? Hey! Let me go!" he yells as Ai turns Morgana around facing him from eye to eye. Morgana stunned when he saw Ai in front of him.

Morgana: "Seriously? Why Ai, the most popular idol have to pick me up? I am not a stuff animal." he thought to himself.

Ai begins to take a closer look at Morgana while holding him with both hands.

Ai: "You know for a cat, you seemed to be pretty grumpy." Morgana's face became mad when hearing Ai's words.

Morgana: "I may be grumpy but I'm not a cat. The name's Morgana. It not like you can hear me after all." he thought with a grumpy face.

Ai: "But even then, you looked pretty cute when you're grumpy. Ehehe~" Morgana blushes when hearing Ai's compliment.

Morgana: "Cute huh? Heh. It been a while since anyone called me that."

Ai begins to pet Morgana on his head as he let out his purring sound.

Ai: "Ehehe~. You're so cute, Morgana! I can see why Ren-chan took care of you a lot." she suddenly realizes.

Ai: "Ah! Speaking of." She suddenly heard Ren and Gorou voices coming from their room. Feeling curious, Ai begins to eavesdropping at their conversation.

Ren: "Uncle, I told you. There is no way I am going to hanging out with Ai. Let alone that she got a boyfriend. I mean what would I supposed to do if he finds out?" he said with full of concern.

Gorou: "I don't think you have to worry about him since Ai didn't even call her boyfriend to come over nor even mention anything about him. I didn't even see him coming to the hospital for the past few weeks aside from her president. At least from what I saw so far."

Gorou: "Besides hanging out with Ai can be a nice change of pace. If you know what I mean?"

Ren: "Are you seriously taking Joyce-san's words into account?" he said with his arms crossed.