8

Jane

I step off the coach with my phone in hand, anxiously looking around for Ava. I collect my suitcase from the bottom of the coach and look around once more, worry bubbling inside of me.

"Jane! Jesus Christ there you are. I've been looking everywhere for you." Ava pulls me into a tight hug and we both let out a long sigh. She pulls back and looks at me sternly. "Where did you sit? I'm sorry for booting you like that-" I cut her off and smile.

"It's fine, Ava. You wanted to sit next to Isabella." I give her a small smile as she beams at me.

"Well, I hope you didn't it next to anyone boring or annoying. Aka, Mr Dickward." She whispers the last bit and laughs.

"Yeah... I was sat next to him." Her face falls instantly, and then she looks at me worryingly.

"Shit, sorry, Jane. Was it bad?" she winces as I roll my eyes.

"He took my phone, and then ignored me for the rest of the journey." Ava gives me a pitying look and links our arms.

"So that's why you weren't answering my texts?"

"That's why I wasn't answering your texts." I confirm, and we walk towards the group that is surrounding Mrs Smith.

"As you know, you're all sharing the rooms with one other person of the same gender," some people groan as she says this, and I roll my eyes at their immaturity. "And boys and girls will not be allowed to mingle. Today you can do what you please, but be back no later than 8pm, but tomorrow, we will be touring the city and such as a whole group. Is that understood?" the whole class murmurs agreements and Mrs Smith beams at us all.

"Okay, I have assigned each of you with one other person, preferably whoever you wrote down on the slip of paper your parent signed." There is excited mutters at this information and Ava, and I smile at each other, already knowing we have been put together. When Mrs Smith finishes calling out all the names, she tells us all to be quiet.

"Okay, girls you will follow Mr Turner-" I glance at Ava and we both roll our eyes, the excitement we has before dying down completely. "Boys, you will follow me." She claps her hands, and the girls and boys separate into their separate lines. When us girls are lined up in front of Mr Turner, he beams at us all and gestures for us to follow him inside. The hotel isn't in anyway magnificent, but it has a nice countryside theme and is quite home like. I stare at all of the paintings as we pass them in awe, and Ava does the same next to me, pointing one or two out as we climb the stairs to the second floor. Mr Turner stops at the top of the stairs and turns to face us, reaching a hand in his pocket, pulling out a piece of paper. The chatter amongst the girls dies down as her clears his throat.

"Okay so, this sheet of paper has your room numbers written on them. Alexandra and Ashley..."

"What do you think the rooms are like?" Ava whispers in my ear, as Mr Turner calls out the names of the students.

"I reckon cosy. Oh, we should go to a book shop." I say excitedly but Ava gives me a look.

"Won't they all be in French?" she whines, and my mouth falls open.

"A bakery?" I suggest and she smiles at me.

"Perfect."

"Ava and Jane." Mr Turner calls our names, and I can't help but hear the boredom in his voice. "You're in room 23." He smiles at us and shoves the paper into his pocket. "Come on girls, up to your rooms." He says enthusiastically and Ava and I give each other a knowing look. Ava and I begin our way to our room, finding it after a couple of minutes.

"Here." I say under my breath, taking the door handle and opening it, to reveal a cosy rustic style room. Ava and I stand in the doorway for a moment, taking in our surroundings before stepping inside and closing the door.

"I'll have this bed." I point to the bed by the window, which has a little reading nook. Ava laughs and heads to the other bed.

"Be my guest, I don't want the sun in my face in the mornings." I join in with her laughing as we unpack our bags for the week. I change into some other clothes when she's in the bathroom showering, and then sit on my bed waiting for her to be done. After five minutes, I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in." I say loudly, not looking up from my phone. The door opens and the person steps inside.

"I've come to check if everything is okay." Mr Turners voice sounds through the room and I roll my eyes and look up.

"No, everything's not okay. Ava lobbed herself out of the window." I say sarcastically and Mr Turner narrows his eyes and clicks his tongue.

"Are you and Ava staying in today?"

"Yes, we might get kidnapped while we are out an about. Alone." He narrows his eyes once again and I roll mine. "I was being sarcastic. But yes, we are staying in." I say and his facial features relax. We stare at each other for a moment, the only thing breaking the silence is the water running.

"Are you going to go?" Mr Turner nods and turns around to leave. "And close the door."

"Okay." He says, before turning around and walking out, leaving the door open. I scoff and make my way over, flipping his back off as I slam the door shut, just as Ava comes out of the bathroom.

"Why do you look so angry?" she questions me, and I groan as I throw myself onto my bed.

"Mr Turner is just so miserable." I mumble into my pillow and Ava laughs.

"I think he's just lonely." I snap my head up and look at her, giving her a sincere look.

"He is fine. He's just an asshole." I state and ava laughs again while drying her hair.

"Maybe he isn't getting any sex. I've heard that can make you miserable." I look at her with wide eyes and my mouth open in shock.

"Ava, no. he's like twenty-five. He's getting enough sex."

"Actually, he's nineteen."

"What?" I shout, absolutely flabbergasted. I shake my head as she looks at me weirdy. "How do you even know this?" I'm shaking my head as I stand up, walking over to the mirror above my chest of drawers. She shrugs her shoulders as she brushes her wet hair.

"Overheard it somewhere." I can tell by the way she's smiling that she's lying, and I roll my eyes.

"Almost makes me feel sorry for him." I say in mock empathy, and Ava gives me a questioning look and I click my tongue, sighing dramatically. "Oh, just that he's nineteen and is a virgin." I say seriously and Ava snorts.

"I doubt that." She says sincerely, flipping her hair over her head. "Anyway, enough about Mr Turner's sex life. Guess what happened on the coach." She looks at me excitedly and I narrow my eyes.

"What?"

"Isabella gave me her number. I finally got the courage and asked for it." She practically shouts in excitement and my mouth falls open.

"And she gave it to you?" I ask, my voice shaking and ava nods feverishly and we both scream and hug. "I'm so happy for you." I say, smiling at her as we pull away from each other. She brushes her wet hair out of her face as she looks at her phone.

"Shall we go downstairs? I've heard there's some board games and shit we could play." I cock an eyebrow and she blushes.

"Yes, we can go see Isabella." I say and ava hugs me and grabs my hand, pulling me out of the door behind her.