14

Joseph

I stay behind her as she walks, looking at her up and down. She's wearing a baggy shirt and a blue pair of high waisted jeans. She turns to the left as we enter the building, walking too fast for my liking. I catch up to her and shove my hands in my pockets.

"Where you off too?" I ask casually and she scoff, folding her arms over her chest.

"Like that's any of your business." She says, and I tilt my head to the side, smiling to myself slightly.

"Actually, it is. I'm your partner, remember?" she goes quiet and turns another corner, revealing a staircase. She quickly walks up them, and I have to avert my gaze from looking at her ass. I clear my throat when we get to the top, but she practically runs from me. I speed up my walking and catch up to her, grabbing her arm and yanking her towards me roughly.

"Stop running from me, Jane." I grind out, bringing my face closer to hers, and she struggles against my grip. "Just, please, behave." She stops struggling and the grip I have on her slackens, and she yanks her arm away with force.

"Never," she inhales a deep breath. "Touch me again." My jaw clenches and I step away from her, giving her the space she needs. She turns and walks away from me, and I don't follow her, thoughts clouding my mind.

***

We've been walking around for a couple of hours, and neither one of us has attempted to make any conversation.

"Where next?" Jane asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"Up to you."

"Can you just pick where you want to go? You've been following me around like a lost puppy." I step forward to stand in front of her and she crashes into my chest, groaning loudly.

"For fucks sake, please Joseph."

"Begging already?" I smirk and the words leave my mouth before I have time to process them, and she stares at me with wide eyes. Fuck. My gaze flickers to her lips, and all I find myself wanting to do is grabbing her and kissing that pretty little mouth of hers. My throat dries at the thought. I see her gaze wander to my mouth too, and I have to step away. I clear my throat and take off my suit jacket while I see her cheeks turn a shade of light pink as she fixes her hair.

"Can we go see the Venus de Milo?" she whispers quietly, and I nod curtly. We walk in the general direction of the gallery of antiques, and we don't say a word. We're walking in complete silence, which is completely fine by me. I glance down at her and see that she is on her phone, texting someone. What the fuck is her and Ava's obsession with texting each other every second? I shift a little closer to her as we walk, trying to get a glimpse of what she's saying to her friend, but she has one of those fucking screen protectors that don't allow others to see her phone. I rub my face with my hand in frustration as she puts her phone away. I glance at her once more, to find that she is already looking at me. I clench my jaw and look forward, ignoring her presence entirely.

"Excuse me." Someone says to her, trying to get past, but Jane either didn't hear it or she chose to ignore it. I roll my eyes and place my hand around her waist, pulling her in front on me. My hands fall to either side of her hips and we walk forward.

"What're you doing?" she whispers, and I lean forward so that my mouth grazes the shell of her ear.

"We will get there faster if we walk like this." I say quietly and I feel her shudder beneath me, and the grip I have on her tightens. My gaze follows the curve of her neck and her jaw, and I nudge my nose against her hair, inhaling the scent of her. She smells of coconut and roses. I see goose bumps rise on her skin as I bring a hand up to trace her neck line with my finger, moving some of her hair out of the way so I can get a better look at her. I see her chest start to rise and fall at a particular fast pace, and its only then do I realise who we are and what we're doing. I snap out of my trance and shove her away from me and take a step back, raking a hand through my hair.

"Don't," I take a moment to control my breathing. "Please don't let me do that again, Jane." I say softly but sternly, and she stares at me with wide eyes and in shock.

"I..." I hold up my hand to stop her.

"Don't, Jane." I whisper and walk up to her. I look at her for a moment before grinding my teeth together, stepping and facing away.

"Text Ava. Find out where she is." I say curtly and I leave Jane standing there like a lemon. I turn a corner and sit down on one of the benches, placing my head in my hands, replaying the events that just happened moments ago in my head.

What the fuck was I going to do?

I grab my phone from my pocket and just stare at it when I feel a tap on my shoulder.

"Joseph?" Janes voice flows through my body like liquid and I turn to face her.

"Yes?" I answer quietly as she sits beside me, avoiding my gaze.

"I don't know my way around this museum." She says softly and I close my eyes in defeat. I stand up and hold my hand out for her to take, which she does after some hesitation. I instantly let go of her like she's a hot piece of coal when she is stood up straight and I clear my throat.

"We need to go back to the entrance anyway." I say quietly as Jane takes a step forward. I grab her arm to prevent her from coming closer, gripping it tightly.

"What time is it?" she asks just as quietly, and I finally bring myself to look at her. My eyes travel across her face, taking in all the detail I can. She has sharp green eyes with brown flecks floating around, she has freckles scattered across her whole face, with one particular dark one located above the right side of her lip, and her lips, my god her lips, were the pinkest and fullest lips I have ever seen

They were practically begging to be kissed.

"Joseph?" her voice brings me out of my thoughts and I mutter in response, refusing to take my eyes off of the beautiful girl stood in front of me. "Joseph what time is it?" she asks breathlessly, and I bring my gaze up to her eyes.

"Its two. We need to be back at the entrance at half past." I murmur and step away from her. "Let's go." I say curtly, and my voice cuts through whatever was happening like a whip and Jane walks past me, her whole body shaking.

--------------------------------------------

NEXT CHAPTER COMING MONDAY