11

Jane

When we finally reach the bottom of the tower, Joseph practically runs away from me in the direction of the coach. I roll my eyes and scoff, turning my phone back on and clicking on Ava and I's messages. I stop in my tracks once I see what's on my screen, my mouth dropping to the floor.

That motherfucker.

I quickly call Ava, praying that she picks up, and she does almost instantly.

"He's not that bad, is he?" I can here her trying to suppress a laugh.

"It isn't funny. It wasn't me who sent that to you, it was him." She pauses, and then actually laughs.

"Jane, I honestly don't care, you don't need to lie." I throw my hand up in outrage.

"Ava! I'm being serious come on now." I groan and her laughing slowly stops.

"Okay, okay. Whatever you say." I roll my eyes.

"Where even are you?"

"I'm by the coach," she pauses for a moment. "I can see your boyfriend."

"Oh, shut up." I say and she laughs, as I end the call. I place my phone in my pocket and storm towards the coach until I see Ava. She spots me and is trying her hardest not to laugh while I walk to her with a blank expression.

"Don't say a word." I say as I approach her, and she shrugs while wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"Mrs Smith said we can go, and I quote 'explore' the streets of Paris for a couple of hours." Ava states and I grumble in response while she rolls her eyes. "Oh, come on jane it was a joke." He laughs to herself and turns me to face her. "Shall we go to a bakery? Do you want a French baguette?" She asks the last question in the most horrendous French accent I have ever heard, and it's enough to make me crack a smile. "There she is" Ava says, grinning widely. She brings me closer, hugging me tightly. "Come on let's go." She steps way and grabs me by my arm, pulling me along with her.

***

It's day four in France, and I haven't Spoken to Joseph since the Eiffel Tower. I haven't actually seen him either. Ava places herself next to me on my bed, ripping me out of my thoughts.

"Jane?" she whispers, and I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"Why are you whispering?" I answer quietly, and she gives me a lopsided smirk.

"Want to go out?" she asks normally, and I look at the time. Its six in the evening and I groan.

"There's no point. Curfew is eight." But then Ava's smirk grows, and my eyes widen, I know exactly what she is thinking. "Ava, no." she's nodding like an idiot.

"Ava, yes. Come on Jane it'll be fun."

"Ava, I don't know man." I say hesitantly and she rolls her eyes in response.

"Please." She practically begs and my mouth falls open.

"What would we even do?" I ask, my voice slightly wobbly and my eyes narrow as she smirks at me again, shuffling closer to me.

"We have fake ID's..." she says, a hint of knowing in her voice.

"Ava, you're not suggesting that we go clubbing?" I whisper, pretending to be absolutely flabbergasted, but my smile betrays me.

"Your words not mine." She says, standing up and walking to her bed. "Is that a yes then?" she adds, already knowing the answer. I nod my head, laughing with her. "Okay so we will go out at what? Eight?" I nod in agreement but stop abruptly, getting off of my bed and running to my suitcase.

"Fuck. I don't have anything to wear." I say in defeat and shove my suitcase away from me and I hear Ava let out a light laugh.

"Don't worry, I came prepared." I look at her suspiciously as she pulls out my favourite blue dress and my jaw drops.

"Did you steal that from my wardrobe?" I ask in shock and red appears on Ava's cheeks as she nods her head. "You were planning this all along?" I say in exasperation, and she smiles guiltily, and I shake my head in defeat. "Okay, lets get something to eat, I'm starving." I say and Ava nods in agreement, putting my dress back in her suitcase as I walk out the door and head to the dining area.

***

An hour and a half goes by quickly, and Ava and I are back in our room getting ready. I put on my dress and get Ava to zip me up at the back, before applying some mascara. We put our hoodies on and check the time, glancing at each other before running to our beds and throwing ourselves under the covers when the door opens.

"You okay girls?" Mrs Smith's voice echoes through our room and we nod and smile at her sweetly. "Okay I'll lave you to it. Lights out at ten." She says and smiles at us, closing the door on her way out. Ava and I wait around five minutes until getting out of our beds and putting our trainers on. I check the time on my phone again and it's a little past eight. Perfect.

"You ready to go?" I ask Ava quietly and she nods. We walk to the door and open it slowly, and I poke my head out to check our surroundings. I see that the coast is clear, so we step out of the room and run quickly down the stairs and out of the hotel. We run for a couple more minutes before coming to a stop, laughing in each other's arms.

"I cannot believe we just did that." Ava laughs, letting go of me to take off her hoodie. I follow her lead and take off mine, tying it around my waist tightly.

"You have our ID's, right?" her face fall and all the colour drains from my face, but then she laughs, and I shove her playfully. "Fucks sake Ava don't do that to me." I say, laughing along with her as we walk along the busy streets of France. We spot a couple of bars along the way but decide not to get anything until we reach a club.

"Can't you just search one up on google maps?" I ask Ava and she nods, unlocking her phone and it's a few seconds before she says anything.

"There's literally one down this street." She points to the left and we walk down there, arm in arm.

"Okay so it's about... here." We stop outside a metal door and knock on it, and a man opens it, eying us up.

"ID?" We hand him our fake ID's and he looks at them for a moment, before opening the door further to let us through. "It's D&B night." He tells us, his French accent thick.

"Thanks." I say and smile at him before we walk down the steps and into the bar. The music is loud, and the lights are bright and colourful. Ava leads me towards the bar, where we sit down and order our drinks.

"Just some beer please." I say and the bar tender eyes me up but makes the drink anyway.

"You're English?" he asks, and I nod in response. "You want that on tab?" He asks over the music and I nod again. Ava nudges me and laughs.

"You ready to get fucked?" She shouts and I nod, ordering another drink. "Slow down girl." I hear Ava say, but I ignore her and order a couple of shots.

"Okay, three, two, one." We both drink the shots at the same time, before heading to the dancefloor.