Chapter Eight: Marshall vs. Adventure Bay-Part One

In the dead of night, a hooded Dalmatian stood atop the roof of a building. The Dally removed his hood, looking down on the town of Adventure Bay, "People seem way too happy here.. What kind of place is this?"

The doppelganger Dalmatian sighed to himself, gripping a bag made from leather in his right paw. He wondered if there was anything else he would be able to take back. Those bones, which were for some reason made of solid gold, helped a lot, but it wasn't enough. He needed more. Lost in his thoughts, the thieving pup hadn't noticed that it began to rain lightly.

A drop of rain gently kissed his nose as his eyebrows furrowed, "Better move fast before I get sick out here..." Throwing his hood back over his head, the Dally quickly jumped down from the building into an alley.

As the mysterious mutt ran down the alley, his mind wandered off back to that Dalmatian he saw during the day. It was strange. He hadn't ever seen another Dalmation that wasn't his mother. Especially one that was around his age. He was so interested that he had to take a closer look. That's when the Dalmatian spotted him and asked for a picture. For some reason. Not only that, but did all Dalmatians have similar spots around their bodies, or was it just some strange coincidence?

If he didn't know any better, had someone seen any part of his body, it could be mistaken for the other Dalmatian. But no way would he let any part of his body be seen as easily.

His eyelids lowered as he peeked out of the alley. This happy place he found himself in had to work on some kind of curfew. How could everyone in the town be asleep at exactly the same time. It was perfect. Eerily perfect.

Was this how all human cities were?

He stepped out into the town, looking around. The place seemed void of life at night, drastically different from the bustling, always action-packed town he had been in hours prior. Shaking his head, he kept moving.

"Rise and shine, pups!"

Groaning faintly, Marshall grabbed a small pillow and put it over his head. Despite this being the second day since Marshall had been suspended from the team, his body had grown used to waking late. Hearing that early morning wake up call only made him groan faintly and struggle to stay asleep.

He closed his eyes, beginning to drift back off to sleep. This was one of the few things he actually liked about not being on the team. He had the opportunity to decide when he woke up. And as it stood, he didn't want to wake up and eat breakfast with the other pups. He hoped that Rocky would bring him his breakfast again.

That would be awfully nice of—

Suddenly, the door to his pup house was forced open, revealing the light of the morning.

Marshall ducked under his blankets, trying to avoid getting any light in his eyes, which was surely going to wake him, "Who is it...?"

"Up and at 'em, Marshall!" The Dalmatian suddenly felt two soft paws grab his ankles and pull him out of his pup house.

Before he knew it, he was looking up at the sky. It was quite a rare day. It wasn't sunny as it normally would be. This particular day greeted Marshall with an overcast, gray clouds littering the sky above. As he stared up at the sky, a familiar Husky entered his line of sight.

"Morning, Marshall."

He looked up to see Everest standing over him, instantly blushing under his fur, "E-Everest!?" He sprang up, "What are you doing here?"

The Husky smiled, "Jake said I could sleep over."

"You do know I'm not on the PAW Patrol's schedule anymore 'cause I'm suspended, right?" Marshall asked, rubbing his eyes.