Chapter Forty-Seven: Story of Resolve

"I don't know what to do..." A mixed breed spoke, closing his eyes, "...How can I do this? I'm not like the rest of you, I need help!"

"Help?" A familiar voice spoke coyly from inside a pup house, "Rocky... Are you asking me for help?"

Rolling his eyes at the teasing tone of the voice inside the pup house, Rocky let out a long sigh, "Yes... I need help."

"Whose help are you asking for again?"

The former recycling pup groaned, "Your help."

Opening the door of the pup house was Everest, who held a coy smirk on her furry face, "Well, I'm listening. What do you need help with?"

"I—"

"Tsk, tsk, Rocks..." Everest shook her head, holding back a giggle, "Asking me a favor without begging? Where's your favor-asking hospitality?"

"You're enjoying this, aren't you?"

"A little."

Slowly bowing his head, Rocky glared at the floor as he took a deep breath in, "Everest... I come before you today... Humbled... And humiliated... To ask you for one thing..."

"Hmmmm?"

"I need you to help me confess to Zuma."

Everest quickly fell silent, her gentle giggles no longer being heard as she took a moment to digest the request from her friend. Her face remained blank, staring at the pup in front of her. She was well aware of Rocky's crush on Zuma, but she always thought Rocky was content with keeping his feelings hidden as long as that crush was still a secret to everyone who wasn't her or Marshall. But it seemed as though making an assumption like that was dumb. She was wrong. Well, that didn't matter.

All that mattered was that she had to help him out. She'd be a terrible friend–slash–older sister if she didn't.

"Wait, WHAT?" The Husky's eyes widened, "Of course I'll help you out! Why didn't you just say so!?"

Rocky glared at her, annoyed, "I tried!"

Meet Rocky.

From the moment he joined the PAW Patrol as its eco and recycling pup, he had been regarded as the most intelligent pup on the team. How could he not be? He was constantly learning new skills, even picking up technological work alongside the former leader of the PAW Patrol, Ryder. The title of smartest pup even stuck with him after leaving the PAW Patrol to join Marshall, who had been kicked off of the team because of a crime he didn't commit. It was the only logical choice for someone always thinking with his head.

Though, between his life spent with the PAW Patrol, and the life he built as a member of Vigilante PAW, he couldn't help but to notice that something set him apart from the other pups he met. Every single one of them. He loved playing and having fun with the pups, as he was a pup too; For some reason, though, he wasn't equipped with the proper "people skills" that others seemed to possess from birth. It was something he had gradually learned to imitate through the data learned from others around him.

One thing he never seemed to get a grasp on, though, were the feelings inside that weren't so platonic.

When he began to feel those odd feelings around someone who was supposed to be his best friend. Someone who had been there for him no matter what, he was confused, wondering why he was suddenly anxious around him. It took a while for him to figure it out, but eventually, he came to realize that those feelings building were something more. And that was all thanks to Chase, whose painfully obvious crush on Skye taught him why he was acting so strange.