Chapter Thirty-Eight: A Dalmatian's Decision

Chase slumped down on a couch, letting out a long, exaggerated groan. The remaining pups of the PAW Patrol seemed to mirror the Shepherd's actions upon finally walking into the lounge room, finding themselves laid out on various surfaces and places within the room.

It had been quite a long day for the five. After Mayor Goodway's yelp for help involving the preparations for the canine competition, Rubble, Chase, Zuma, Skye, and Tracker remained there to assist in facilitating most of the events, sometimes even having to act as mock participants in demonstrations for the upcoming events. All of the running around and helping the five had severely worn them out, as the festivities proceeded late in the day, only finishing once the sun had just begun to set from its high position.

The growl of an empty stomach filled the room, Rubble's exhausted moan following, "So hungry..."

"...So tired..." Skye muttered as she laid herself in the center of the floor of the lounge.

Upon returning to the lookout, the small team didn't even consider taking the time to take their work uniforms off, too exhausted to even think about doing anything other than laying wherever they found most comfortable.

"Oy, oy, oy..." Tracker sighed, somehow having found his way onto a tabletop, "...So much work..."

Zuma cringed at the mere thought of any more work, "...Dude, don't even think about saying work in front of me anymore..."

Chase, his eyes closed, finally mustered enough energy to address the team, "Good work today, everyone... Who's up for some dinner and tv before going to bed?"

"Dinner?" Rubble's head immediately shot up.

As did Zuma's, "Tv?"

"Bed?" Both Tracker and Skye asked in unison.

Chase only nodded, his eyes remaining closed. Following his nod, the Shepherd's ears picked up the faint sounds of hurried shuffling. Upon opening his eyes, the officer pup smiled once he saw what was around him. Standing in front of the couch he was laying on were Skye, Rubble, Zuma, and Tracker, who all seemed excited for whatever they desired.

Rubble smiled as the four gave him expectant looks, "So you're saying we can eat and watch tv at the same time tonight?"

"Aw what the heck?" The Shepherd fanned his paw, "After a day like this? It would be a crime not to at least do something a little laid-back... Maybe we can watch a quick movie..."

"Pawsome!"

"¡Gracias, Chase!"

"Good looks, dude!"

As Rubble, Tracker, and Zuma all hurried off to the elevator to get themselves changed and grab their bowls, Skye remained, hopping onto the couch to sit beside the exhausted leader.

"How are you holding up?" The Cockapoo inquired, her sweet voice bringing peace to Chase's mind, "Everything okay?"

"I'm pooped..." The officer pup sighed, "...I never knew we could run around that much until today..."

Skye let out a faint giggle at the reply, "I didn't mean that... I meant to ask how you were feeling overall?"

"Honest answer?" Chase raised an eyebrow, earning a gentle nod from the aviator pup, "...I'm really not sure... When tomorrow hits, it will have been three weeks since Ryder initially suspended Marshall from the team and gave him that time limit..."

"You've been keeping track?" The Cockapoo seemed surprised by his explanation.

Chase nodded, "I never stopped keeping up with the days since everything started... It wouldn't stop bugging me, you know? Thoughts of Marshall. Thoughts of all three of them, really."