Chapter Twenty-Six: Welcome to the Wild

"I spy with my little eye... Something green."

"Is it a tree...?"

"Nope. It was the grass."

Rolling through the forest, four pups were squeezed into a snowcat as they moved down their path. A Dalmatian sitting in the back rolled his eyes at the game being played.

The Dalmatian, unofficially named by others as Hood, was the only wild pup among the group. Because of that, he was detached from the other three sitting around him, feeling a bit displaced with them. And that wasn't only because he had tried to kill one of them, and fought the others like he was going to kill them. Apparently that seemed to be water under the bridge once they realized that there were dogs in danger where he lived.

Sitting in front of Hood was a perky Husky pup. She gently tapped her chin as she thought about the next item to be spied, scanning the surrounding area as they rolled ahead. She was the one piloting the snowcat, as it was her old pup house back when she was a part of the PAW Patrol. This was Everest, the former snowy conditions and mountain expert of the team. Upon learning that her friend had been inadvertently framed by Hood, she knew that she had to help him prove his innocence.

"Hm... I spy—" She began to speak.

"Uggh!" A mixed breed pup groaned, cutting Everest off, "How much longer!?"

"Oh come on, Rocky!" Everest complained, rolling her eyes, "At least let me finish before you start whining."

Wearing a pair of goggles loosely around his neck was a gray furred pup named Rocky, the former recycling and handyman pup of the PAW Patrol. For him, there always had been something strange happening to him every day. First, he becomes friends with the pup he considered to be lowest on his list of friends, next, he shares a heart to heart with that same pup, and then the next day, the pup is framed for a crime he didn't commit. Thankfully, he was able to help the pup out with his technological prowess and building know-how. He looked down at another Dalmatian, one that was wearing a red scarf. He wore a faint smile on his face as he waited for Everest to continue the game.

Marshall.

The very reason why they were all there in the first place. Sure, Rocky and Everest would have wanted to help out the dogs of the forest, but without Marshall, they would have never ended up there to begin with.

Framed for a crime he didn't commit, and was subsequently suspended from the PAW Patrol, Marshall found himself fighting an uphill battle with very few allies to turn to, and very little confidence within himself to keep pushing forward. Initially, he ran away from the lookout in hopes to not drag down the only two pups who seemed to believe him, but what he didn't realize was that they would go as far for him as he would them. From that point, more and more people seemed to appear in his corner, and helped a silent Marshall finally find a smile again, even if that smile wasn't always ready to show.

"I spy with my little eye, something... Brown."

Hood spoke up, "Bear."

"No, of course not, I—"

"No, there's a bear, get down!" He ordered, crouching down into the snowcat.

Rocky, Everest, and Marshall all turned their heads to look where Hood had been, and all gasped silently once they noticed a bear rooting around in the ground nearby. The pups followed the wild Dalmatian's lead, ducking down and out of sight. Seeing as there were four of them, it was quite cramped.

"What do we do?" Marshall asked, sweat beginning to roll down his cheeks.

Hood looked back at the other Dalmatian, "We stay like this, and maybe the bear will just pass by. After all, they don't know what these things are. They're wild animals."