Chapter Twenty-Nine: Rainy Days

"Just like that, we were let into the Canine Valley..." Marshall spoke as he helped Rocky and Everest pack up their camp, "Despite being what they call Domestics, the skills we've learned while on the PAW Patrol really came in handy and helped us calm the bear called Forest Fury!"

"I don't know exactly how long we plan on staying here, but I think we've made great progress when it comes to making sure that the dogs in the valley don't starve. We're just one step closer, but maybe after this we can finally return to the lookout."

Everest, who had been packing the tent into its bag, looked over at the Dalmatian, "Who are you talking to?"

"I uhh..." The former firefighter looked back at her, "I don't know..."

Rocky raised an eyebrow, "How hard did that bear smack you?"

"I'm good, don't worry!"

Just like Marshall had unconsciously narrated, after unexpectedly clearing the Valley Trial of dealing with the rampaging bear only known as Forest Fury, Elder stuck to his word and allowed them to come into the valley. The trio were packing up their tent in preparation to drive the snowcat past the front gate. It would be safer in the valley than it would be spending more nights in a tent alone in the woods.

"Is that everything?" Marshall looked at his friends, eager to finally go into the valley with them.

Rocky nodded, "The tent was all we really needed to pack up, since most of our bags are unopened. Let's go. The sun should be coming down soon."

Marshall looked up at the sky. He was immediately confused by what his mixed breed friend told him. Covering the sky was a blanket of clouds that blocked out the sun.

"How do you know?"

"Just a hunch."

Now that he was thinking about it, the sky looked pretty familiar to him. The sky looked exactly the same as it did the day he left the lookout. It seemed like it had been forever ago, but the memory was fresh in his mind, almost as though it had happened the previous day. With how much it was on his mind, it might as well have happened the previous day.

He wondered if they were looking at the sky, thinking of that day too. Did they regret accusing Marshall? Had the PAW Patrol already decided that Marshall was innocent and were looking around for him? He shook his head. It didn't matter. His top priority wasn't on himself any longer. At this point, he needed to focus and do what he and his friends were trained to do. Provide a helping paw to those who need it.

Once he finally took his eyes off of the sky, he noticed that Everest's snowcat was pulled up next to him, "Need a ride?"

The Dalmatian chuckled, climbing into the vehicle, "Always!" He then looked at the open gate to the small hound populated village, "Let's go see Hood."

"Hood??" Both Rocky and Everest looked at Marshall, befuddled.

The former EMT pup seemed just as confused as they were, "What? Is something wrong with that plan?"

"Well, Marshall...." Everest looked away, her voice trailing off as she struggled to find the words, "...It's just that... The thing is..."

Rocky rolled his eyes, deciding to get to the point, "We don't trust that guy."

"I know things have been a little tense, but—"

"My bad. It's not just that we don't trust him, we don't like him either," The ex-eco pup's eyelids lowered in irritation.

Marshall smiled awkwardly, "I get that there was some tension between us for a while while we were trying to track him down, but right now, we're trying to help the valley. I thought we put all of that on hold."