Chapter Twelve: Digging For Dally

Rocky's plan had taken longer than he and Everest expected. Four days, to be exact. The sun was rising on the fourth day since Marshall's departure from the lookout. During that time, the two pups set a plan into motion. A plan that once they set into motion, they wouldn't be able to go back on.

Sitting in his pup house, the mixed breed dug through a backpack filled with many different items. Everything looked like they were in place. The mixed breed soon closed the backpack, putting it on and standing up. Hopefully, Everest had remembered their agreement from the previous day.

Rocky opened the door to his pup house. Just as planned, he had woken up at the crack of dawn, minutes before Chase would be getting ready to wake the team up. He silently walked to Marshall's pup house, where he and Everest had been meeting in private to discuss anything relating to their plan.

He could hear Rubble's snoring, Zuma's gentle movements as he tossed and turned inside of his pup house. Sounds he had grown used to hearing over the time he spent with the PAW Patrol. With his friends. But ever since Marshall left, it was never complete.

He would let Marshall splash him with water a hundred times if it meant everything could go back to normal.

Everest, meanwhile, was already up and ready, a backpack of her own on as well. She was nearly bouncing off of the walls of her own pup house, wanting to get going as quickly as possible. The Husky had eagerly waited through the days following the day Marshall ran away from the lookout, letting Rocky do what he needed to do.

The backpack on her back was filled to the brim with things Rocky told her to bring along. She knew that the gray pup had a bag of his own, so she was confused as to why she needed to carry more things. How much did they need just to find Marshall?

She shook her head. Why did that even matter? Her and Rocky were going to finally start looking for Marshall! She missed the Dalmatian's presence being around, and she was eager to see him. The Husky wanted to make sure that he was okay, and the best way to do that was to start looking around.

Opening the door to her pup house, Everest didn't hear anyone else outside. She left the small house, closing the door behind her. Before heading to Marshall's pup house, she turned to look at her vehicle for just a moment.

She gently placed a paw on it, her mind wandering back to when it was given to her. When she first joined the PAW Patrol. It was a strange feeling. She wondered what would've happened had she not been invited to join the team back then? What if she and Jake never found each other? Would she still be wandering around the cold climate saving penguins?

Realizing that she was wasting time, the Husky took her paw off of the vehicle, making her way over to Marshall's pup house.

Sitting inside of it was Rocky, who raised an eyebrow once the door opened. Seeing that it was Everest, he lowered his guard.

"Got your bag?" The mixed breed asked, eliciting a nod from the Husky, "Did you see anyone else on your way here?"

Everest shook her head, "Nope, we're all clear."

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Rocky asked, "Once we go up there, there's no going back."

"You know, over the past few days, I realized something..." Everest spoke softly, pulling out a folded up paper from under her collar, "What's the point of still being here if Marshall isn't? He doesn't deserve to go through this alone. Nobody does."

The Husky stared at the folded piece of paper in her paws, unfolding it to reveal Marshall's departure note. She had read over the note many times since their first read of it. It was always a motivator to keep moving. To keep striving to find her friend.