Chapter Twenty-Two: Glacial Gathering

"Jeez, this road is slippery!" Liz exclaimed, as her car tires slid on the snowy surface.

"That's because a lot of normal cars don't go up this path!" Everest explained, sticking her head out of the window of the passenger side of the car.

The Husky felt the cold air waft over her head. It felt a little strange without her hat, but the cold air around calmed her. She was finally home once more for the first time in what seemed like years.

After successfully attaching a tracker to Hood's cloak the previous night, the original plan was to immediately follow behind the doppelganger Dalmatian. But after seeing the damage the three had taken during their fight against Hood, she decided that they could wait a bit before they went after Hood in case he tried to fight them again.

Upon telling this to the pups, Everest begged and pleaded to take her to Jake's Mountain so she could see her owner again. Apparently, Jake was one of the few residents of Adventure Bay who was on Marshall's side as well. She was glad to know that Marshall was still welcome in some places around Adventure Bay. Even if they were freezing cold.

Marshall and Rocky were in the backseats, sharing multiple blankets they had brought along to preserve warmth. Liz didn't exactly have winter gear prepped for three pups, so turning the heat on in the car and providing them with blankets was the best thing she could do.

Rocky shivered, "Everest, roll the window back up! You're letting out all of the warmth!"

"Oh relax, Rocky!" She turned to look at the mixed breed, "This isn't the first time you've been up here."

"It's the first time without some winter gear!" The ex-eco pup retorted.

"Sorry, Everest, I'm with Rocky on this one..." Marshall shivered, "He and I aren't really pups who can deal with the cold as well as you can."

The Husky sighed, rolling the window back up, "Sorry."

"...Of course you listen to him..." Rocky muttered under his breath.

Everest turned her entire body around to glare at the gray pup, "What was that?"

"Not again..." Both Marshall and Liz groaned as the two pups began to bicker once again.

It seemed to be a very common occurrence between the two to start arguing about the littlest of things. Marshall knew both of them individually before everything with Hood began, but Rocky and Everest weren't exactly the closest back then. They were still friends, but they had their different interests. Different close friends to spend time with.

Liz only sighed, turning on the radio to try and drown out their bickering.

Inside his cabin high up on the mountain, Jake was working on a schedule for the day. It seemed like it would be a busy day at the resort. The weather was growing colder, and the off season was coming to an end. That meant that the day where snow started to pile up once more, which landed on that particular day, would be one of the busiest.

The teen leaned back in his chair. He couldn't remember the last time when he was scared of people coming to the resort. Usually, he'd be reassured by the presence of his pet Husky, Everest, but without her, he would have to run things on his own. He wondered how she was doing. He hadn't heard from her since she called him at the PAW Patrol's lookout.

Weeks Prior