Probabilities

It's been a few weeks since my reincarnation. And I had came to the conclusion that being a baby was depressing to say the least. Emphasis on 'least' cause there isn't enough words to describe the feeling.

In my previous life, I was diagnosed as a psychopath, a person who is generally anti-social and lacks empathy towards others. I guess I should be grateful for that specific trait because I wouldn't have been able to handle the embarrassment of being breastfed or any of the other things.

Among them being my motor skills that is basically non-existent. I can't control any of my bodily functions. That's another drag.

I spent most of my time being dragged around by my mom as such my freetime is limited. Mom doesn't trust dad with us especially me for well pretty obvious reasons.

No mother would want to see their baby swinging a wooden sword when they come home just because the doctor said he will awaken as a mage. Or any sane person for that matter.

The past few weeks made me feel content despite the obstacles that stood in my way.

I kinda wish things would stay this peaceful but that's just that, wishful thinking.

In about 9 years from now, Dacithan is going to war with Alacrya. Lots of blood and tears. So I need to prepare thoroughly.

.....

I predented to be asleep so that I could lay down in my crib and also give Alice time to focus on Ellie that is still awake and crying. I truly feel for her having to deal with two babies at the same time while also worrying about another that's on the other side of the continent. Doing who knows what. But I guess, I know.

As soon as she left, I began.

First and foremost, I need to form something akin to a secondary core. A 'mana heart', is what I will be naming it.

The idea stems from other web novels that I've read specifically from Cultivation Manwha's.

The general idea is to construct a core in my heart or around my heart, I don't exactly know how it works.

Since mana is naturally drawn to my abdomen I'll need to forcefully gather mana at the point of my heart. I just hope that it stays and not be taken apart by my other core. Essentially what I want to accomplish is that mana arteries/veins will be assisting with directing the atmospheric mana to my secondary core and purifying it. In other terms I would have to for everything: two mana cores, two sets of mana veins or channels.

On a technical basis, I would say that my body has assimilated with mana due to my prolonged exposure as a fetus. I don't know if that's the same with Ellie though since she doesn't show any physical changes but that doesn't mean it hasn't effected her at all.

Hmmm.

I feel like I'm doing bio-engineering on myself but without the mechanical parts. And instead with the magical phenomenon known as Mana.

With my 'mana heart' supplementing my physical constitution to a level that corresponds with my mana core, it eliminates the weaknesses of conjures. And by that I mean that the 'mana heart' would represent the effects of prolonged exposure had on me therefore I would use it as an aid for my physical condition.

In short, my body will be permanently augmented without the need of my intervention, while I can focus on conjuring. 

The idea is to essentially integrate with the mana itself so that my body inherits similar properties to that of my affinities. Like for example, if I have the fire element, I would gain fire resistance and explosive movements.

(A/N:I can't remember when or where but I think someone said you can determine someone's affinity by the way they move. That's what this theory is based around. )

That's the theory at least. I based this entire process on multiple facts implying that mana has influence on genetics. Like for example, healing someone is either the act of energizing the cells so that they could heal faster or regenerating the cells with mana itself.

I don't know though.

As I possess little experience in combat, I am forced to rely on diversity and endurance until I gain enough experience.

So I hope I am at least a dual-elemental with affinities for water and earth or maybe wind. That's the minimum. If my luck doesn't wish so then I could kiss my aspirations goodbye. Oh and I need to awaken as a conjurer but wouldn't that just be a trivial matter once I awaken my second core?

I want to base my fighting style around 'Avatar :The Last Airbender' so that I can make full use of my conjuring abilities. Thus hand-to-hand comat is a must. I will ask Reynolds to help me in that department.

Relying on a mana core to utilize mana is very constricting, in my opinion. Once it's destroyed, you won't be anle to utilize mana anymore. And in the novel there isn't a way to recover one's mana core, for now that is.

And there's another problem.

The age gap, in other words my love life is ruined. I mean like Cearra is... you know... and there no way I stand a chance with the age difference, physically of course. I could go for the ice princess though.

Aghh. This is taking a toll on me. I could've at least be Arthur's twin! I sighed. How I wish I was a Elve. No. This no time to have suicidal thoughts Virion. You must focus on the objective and that is... Cear - Aggh.

What the hell is wrong with me!? Am I going through puberty already?

It's going to prove difficult to meditate in my state. Maybe I should just sleep.

Yeah.

Sleep.

I can't sleep either.

.....

It's been about an hour I think? I was partially sweating. Forming a mana heart is proving more difficult than imagined.

The little lights(as Arthur describe it) kept drifting towords my solar plexus. So it was difficult to break that attraction towards my core. As is my attraction towards Cea - Stop.

Focus.

I think I gathered about a handful of these mana particles at the center of my heart. I don't think I will survive another day of this.

My infantile mind can't handle it.

The door opened and my focus wavered. I felt what strain I had put on this infant body of mine but now that I established my mana heart's foundation it should naturally grow with me, that is as long as my heart beats. I think?

I don't need to worry about my mana core for the time being.

Knowing that I went to sleep, peacefully.

......

A/N:
This chapter is kinda short but I just wanted to get this out of the way. Next chapter is going to be longer.

Anyway I don't really plan on any romance and I think that's for the best but maybe just maybe I will include some romance. Any suggestions on the love interest?

English isn't my first language as such criticism is welcome.