Knowing And Learning

(A/N : Don't mind the cringy dialog.)

*wack

*wack

The clash between wooden swords resounded across the courtyard. I stopped to catch my breath. Damn.

Since this is sword practice, I can't use my conjuring abilities.

I was facing off against my brother.

No matter what I do, he still manages to block every attack. I guess I can't overcome the physical difference between us, even though it isn't much. And of course the technique and experience.

I still have a long way to go.

"Can we stop now?" I asked. I felt my arms wavering of the resulting shock of our clashes.

"I guess that's another win for me then." He tried to bait me into continuing.

"Yeah. Good for you." I walked of the platform onto the soft grass. I then sat down, leaning back on my arms. Looking at the beautiful blue sky.

My brother then walked up to me and stood infront of me.

"You may be a fast learner but at this rate, you won't catch up to me." He said. Peering down on me with his azure blue eyes.

"Yeah well, the sword isn't exactly my passion. I like magic more." I replied lazily.

"A shame. You could've be a great swordsman." He plopped down beside me.

"What makes you think that?" I asked.

"Just intuition." He vaguely said.

"If you say so, then I guess I'll put in the effort." I said. I felt somewhat embarrassed saying this. But I can't exactly refute his statement. After all he was the greatest swordsman in his past life.

A comfortable silence ensued as we stared into the sky. Sylvie woke up from her slumber and joined us, only to sleep again. Really? Is sleeping all you think about?

"Virion. Someone is here for you." One of the maids said. "Also you would need this." She handed me towel.

"Thank you?" I didn't know what to say.

"Who is looking for me?" I asked. Even Arthur was confused. Who could it be? I don't remember making any friends or foes.

Don't tell me....
....

Walking through the door that led through the living room, I saw my mother, Tabitha, as well as Lilia and Ellie sitting across someone.

Looks like I was right.

That someone was Kathlyn. Next to her sat a bespectacled man, dressed in a red suit. He had brown hair. He looked like he was in his thirties. Must be her escort or something.

She could've at least give notice before arriving. And how did she even know I was living at the Helstea's manor. Must probably be her father.

Damn.

"Hey everyone." I made my presence known. Their gazes all turned to me.

"Your finally here. It's rude to keep someone waiting you know." My mother found this situation rather amusing.

"I was training with Arthur. And it's not like I knew someone was coming, especially the Princess." I said. Standing near the desk in the middle of the two parties.

"Rather then that, you should go get ready. Your clothes are all dirty." My mother stood up and scotched me away with Aunt Tabitha following us. "Please excuse us Princess." Tabitha bowed her head before closing the door behind us.