Setting Up

(A/N : I feel lost as of now so if you will leave your feedback in the comments. It will be much appreciated.)

.

...

"Give your big Sis a hug." Ellie pouted.

"Didn't I already -"

"You didn't hug me back." she cut me off, fiddling with her dress.

"Pfft."

"What so funny?" she hit me in the gut, I just laughed it off.

"You're acting more like the younger sibling... and you kinda look the part to." I smiled. My mother and brother snickered which only seemd to irritate her futher and kept hitting me in embarrassment.

I wrapped my arm around her and she settled down, falling into my embrace.

"It's good to be home."

"Yeah. It's good to have you back." Arthur chimed. My mother smiled, radiating her motherly affection. I closed my eyes for a moment as if to etch this into my memory.

I opened my eyes.

"Let's go. Aunt Tabitha and Uncle Vincent have been waiting. " Ellie dragged me off, mother and Arthur were trailing behind. We entered the living space with the two couches facing each other over a coffee table.

Vincent and Tabitha were seated in one couch and a anxious bespectacled boy with a patch of black hair, dressed in casual clothes. It was Elija Knight. The 'vessel' for Nico.

"Virion is here!" Ellie announced in glee, letting go of my hand and threw her arms in the air.

"Virion!" Vincent adjusted his glasses, his head turning in our direction.

"Welcome back!" Tabitha stood up and came in for a hug and Vincent trailed behind her. Awkwardness written all over his face. It makes sense if you think about it. Not being able to consciously show affection without making yourself cringe is quite common among men.

I let go of Tabitha and held a hand out to Vincent. He took it in a firm grasp.

"Hmm?" I tilted my head to the side. "You have quite the frim grip for someone who sits behind a desk most of time." I complimented.

"Heheh." he chuckled, readjusting his glasses. "Don't underestimate me." he said, a hint of satisfaction in his tone.

"Your still an old man though." an imaginary arrow pierced his heart.

"Oh yeah. I saw Lilia at the Academy the other day."

At this he immediately sprang up and grabbed my shoulders.

"You saw her? How is she doing? She okay? Does she - Plew! "Vincent hugged his torso and folded to the ground. Tabitha had nudged him in the ribs with her elbow.

That must've hurt.

"Calm fown Vincent. It hasn't been that long since she left."

I left Vincent in Tabitha's care and approached this nervous looking boy.

"Hey." I held out my hand.

"H-hey. I'm Elijah Knight. " he stood up and extended his hand and took mine with a firm grip. I decided to play a little trick on him that I picked up from Cynthia. I willed my mana through my hand to encompass his entire being. Like the mana was a ghost of myself, pressing him down.

He slightly buckled under the presure, hunching over.

"I-I see..." he breathed out, he reinforced himself with mana. Standing up right again although beats of sweat ran down his face. His grip tightening.