The Start

After arriving at the Royal Castle, Kathlyn gave me a quick but thorough tour of the castle. It was marvelous to say the least, more so then the Helstea's Auction House but I guess that's to be expected as this is the Royal Family's home.

Her brother, was quite the sneaky one even if she hadn't noticed him, I did. Taking a quick glance as to not alert him, it seems he has recently developed his core but even without his minuscule mana signature his breathing and footsteps was obvious enough.

I wonder why he is following us though? Is he wary of me? Or is it something else?

Kathlyn and I approached a rather large door, not big though, just a little bigger than your everage door.

"What is this room?" I asked, curiosity welling up as it seems she was rather hesitant but ultimately resolved herself as she opens the door. She steps in, holding the door open to let me in. As I entered, the first thing I noticed is that this room was in fact a bedroom.

It was mainly white, here and there a bit of colour. A large four post bed to one side.

"This my room." her tone carrying a hint of embarrassment. I was looking back at her, baffled. She was avoiding my gaze, looking of in the distance but occasionally looked back at me.

"You said that we needed to keep this between us so... I was left with no choice." she was acting bashful, a stark contrast to her usual cold demeanor.

You can pretty much guess what happened after.

Not that.

....

Like my brother had did for Ellie and Lilia, I had did for her. Her core was already decently far ahead, without me interfering she would've awakened around 3 years from now. With my guidance though, the time she would've initially awakened is probably halfed now.

And so the weeks went by. Her brother or mother making regular visits to see what we're up to.

I had come up with the excuse of helping her learn the violin or even sometimes, I drew her while she practiced in our freetime. It's was... fun? I suppose.

I found it difficult to capture her face as she always has an expression of aloofness but at the same time... not quite. I don't know how to describe her exactly.

They say the eyes is the window to the soul and that it's usually the frist thing people notice. So if it's not captured perfectly your whole sketch might just be ruined. Frustration got the better of me as look at her intently. As if feeling me stare, she open her one eye, looking worriedly at me.

"Is something the matter?" she then shifted her gaze to the cords on the violin. Continuing her piece.

"Nothing." I said half in a daze, my voice fading like a subtle breeze that didn't have enough strength to continue.

I looked back at the page that was full of scribbles of my incompetence. It really bothers me... this is probably the first time I found someone difficult to draw. I than looked back at her.

"What makes you... so different?" I whispered under my breath, luckily my voice didn't carry over the sounds of her struggling to play the violin.

"That's quite the beautiful piece of art you have their. " someone whispered in my ear, their hot breath running down my neck, giving me goosebumps. I involuntarily shifted in my seat.

At least now I inow who they got their cunningness from.

I suppose in her eyes, it woud look like a good depiction of her daughter but it's not how I'd like it to be.